My first experience with Bestowed was in August, and I was very impressed by the array of healthy foods they sent. I was curious to see what they'd include in their first-ever themed box, September's "Back to School" package.
This month's box contained eight items total and had a good variety of salty and sweet snacks. Even though I've only tried two Bestowed boxes so far, I've noticed that they try to include easy pre-packaged snacks as well as things you can use as ingredients in more elaborate dishes (does that make sense?).
- La Tortilla Factory White Whole Wheat Soft Wrap Minis - These little wraps contain only 50 calories and will be put to good use. I like to make quesadillas as a snack and since these are smaller I won't feel as guilty about eating them. They're also great for sandwich wraps, so I might throw some stuff together in one and take it with me for lunch at work.
- Funky Monkey Fruit Snacks - I received the Carnaval Mix (sp) and I absolutely loved it! It contained freeze-dried organic banana, papaya, pineapple, and apple. I've only ever tried one other type of freeze-dried fruit and I didn't care for it, but these were nice and crispy and had a lot of flavor. I'm going to look for them the next time I go grocery shopping.
- Pearls Black Pitted Olives To Go - I am not a fan of olives, so I offered these to the rest of my family. Based on how quickly they were devoured, I'd say they were probably pretty good! The to-go packaging is convenient and also not messy because it's sans olive juice.
- Nonni's THINaddictives Cranberry Almond Thins - This is actually sitting in my desk drawer at work, uneaten. I keep forgetting that I have it, but I'm going to make it a point to give it a try tomorrow for breakfast. It's a twice-baked cookie with antioxidant-rich ingredients like pistachios, cranberries, and almonds and has only 100 calories per serving.
- Happy Family Happy Squeeze Greek Yogurt - This was my favorite item in the box! I eat a lot of greek yogurt and this Razzleberry flavor was nice and tart and delicious, and I liked how it had real fruit mixed in. I like these pouch containers, too, because they're easy to eat.
- Somersault Snack Co. Cinnamon Crunch Somersaults - I've had Somersaults before but never this flavor, but I'm sure they're going to be great (cinnamon is the perfect flavor for fall). These are made from sunflower seeds and are 100% vegan and nut-free.
- Popcorn Indiana FIT Popcorn - This was the item I tried first, and I really wanted to love it, but unfortunately it was just so-so to me. The popcorn itself had good texture and wasn't too chewy (the way some bagged popcorn is), but I think personally I would prefer something with a bit more flavor. These bags only have 40 calories per serving, though, so they're a good alternative to regular chips.
- Pacific Natural Foods Hazelnut Chocolate Dairy-Free Milk - I haven't tried this milk yet. It's sweetened with brown rice and cane juice and is Non-GMO Project verified with 130 calories per serving. I like hazelnut a lot so I'm anticipating enjoying this!
Bottom Line: I think the September Bestowed box contained a lot of great options for back to school! I'm definitely going to look for a lot of these brands the next time I go grocery shopping. That's probably my favorite thing about Bestowed, is that they deliver so many new brands for me to try.
- Visit Bestowed to learn more and sign up for a subscription
- Use coupon code HELLOTEN094 to receive $9 off your first box, bringing your total to only $10!
*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Bestowed.. I received no monetary compensation.