*Disclaimer: These boxes were sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
BOOM!Box is a quarterly subscription featuring nerd makeup, manicures (two designs, one of which is a subscriber exclusive!), and specially curated theme-specific goodies. The box will have items from Espionage Cosmetics and other geeky vendors. Here are the pricing options:
- One Box: $30 per box, charged once every four months
- Two Boxes: $50 prepay, charged once every eight months
- Four Boxes: $90 prepay, charged once every 12 months
Shipping is extra; when I input my address in New York it added $6.25 for shipping.
The box is neatly packaged with BOOM!Box tissue paper surrounding all of the items.
The April theme is Retro Gaming and the box had eight individual items and three stickers. I think the items are all well-curated and fit the theme perfectly! I was so excited to open up the box because I consider myself a nerd for sure and was curious to see what would be included. I'm more of a comic book nerd and less into gaming, but I still thought everything was a lot of fun!
- 8-Bit Hearts Nail Wraps - These nail wraps will restore your HP and make your heart smile, according to the info card. The design is really cute and they're also glow in the dark! I also like the "We find your lack of nail art disturbing" (Star Wars reference) on the bottom of the packaging.
- Power Up Nail Wraps - These are multicolored with a gloss finish. I think the designs are bright and eye-catching! This is also the first time BOOM!Box has sent out two designs for subscribers.
- Art Print by Fox Smith - I LOVE this print! Fox used Japanese art elements to create a print featuring classic retro characters. I have to admit I'm not quite sure what they are from (other than the turtle with wings, I think that's Mario Brothers?), but the print is high quality and perfect for framing.
- Floppy Disk Notebook - This is so creative; the notebook is made from old floppy disks with lots of blank pages inside. I like having portable notebooks like this to write quick notes at the office or to put my grocery list on.
Three look tutorials were also included from Nerd Makeup Ambassador The Pryncess! I can't wait to try these.
- Golden Relic Necklace - Okay, I know that this one is from Zelda! This necklace is a BOOM!Box exclusive from GeekStar Costuming. The chain is shorter than necklaces I usually wear but I like the simple design.
Espionage Cosmetics also offers the Nexus Nail Wraps subscription option, which sends two nerd-themed nail wraps every month. Here are the pricing options:
- Monthly: $15 per month
- Three Months: $36 every three months
- Six Months: $66 every six months
- 12 Months: $120 every 12 months
There's also a one-time purchase option that contains 2-4 wraps for $25. The designs are a surprise, but you can get theme hints at this page.
I love nail wraps. They're easy to use and they last longer than regular nail polish. The wraps from Espionage Cosmetics are perfect for me because I love nerdy designs! They have tons of designs to choose from featuring different fandoms, licensed designs, and science themes.
- Nevermore Wraps - I love these wraps so much! I like anything with birds on it so I would enjoy these regardless, but I like them even more because they're inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven.
- Flight of the Moonfallen Wraps - I am not sure what fandom these are from, if anyone knows please comment and tell me! Regardless, I really like the design because green is my favorite color and the patterns are really interesting. I tried looking up the name to learn more about these but couldn't find much in the way of what fandom they're from.
Bottom Line: I'm very impressed by the BOOM!Box and Nexus wraps subscriptions from Espionage Cosmetics! I think they're great for fellow nerd girls because they have an excellent variety of high-quality items from all different fandoms.