*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Taste and Curiosity is based in California and was created not only to deliver high quality snacks, but to help inspire others to go for their dreams! It sounds like a lofty goal for a snack box, but it's because the people behind the box wanted to travel the world at their leisure. Starting Taste and Curiosity helped them learn about new cultures and pursue old hobbies, and now they want to share positive thinking through the box to help others pursue their dreams, too.
Each box also has a unique collectable magnet with an inspirational quotatation, which I think is a really nice touch. I have a few inspirational items on my fridge right now and this will be a lovely addition!
Taste and Curiosity currently has three boxes available, and you can purchase them individually or as a set at the following prices:
- China/Taiwan Box: $19
- Korea Box: $19
- Japan Box: $20
- Asia Tour: $49 for all three boxes
Taste and Curiosity is not currently a monthly renewing subscription. They plan to make that option available in the future as they launch more boxes, but right now each purchase is a one-time deal, allowing you to pick and choose which boxes you want to try the most.
This is a review for the Sakura box with snacks from Japan. I love the simple packaging and design of the box; it's very classy and pretty. I especially like the beautiful sakura blossom illustration on the informational card.
The box contained eight snacks, some of which were new to me and some that were old favorites. I love international snack boxes because they always have something exciting to try that I've never had before, and Japanese snacks are a big favorite because they're often as cute as they are delicious!
- Lychee Gummy Candy - These gluten-free gummies are individually wrapped and have a ton of flavor. I've tried the mango gummies from the same brand, and the lychee ones are just as good.
- Super Cola Candy - Cola flavored candies are popular in Japan and all of the ones I've tried were of the fizzy variety. These are a solid balls that have a hard sour outside coating and soft and chewy core.
- Special Hi-Chew - I love Hi-Chews! They're kind of like Starbursts but better because they're infused with bits of real fruit. I haven't tried these yet, but based on the packaging I think the flavor I received was orange.
- Flavor Burst Peach Gum - This pack contained three peach flavored gumballs, but they don't all taste the same. One is sour and I'm assuming the other two are sweet. I haven't tried them yet, but I really like that they offer variations on the same flavor.
- Panda Cookies - These are so cute! I've seen them in other reviews but I've never been able to try them so I was so happy they were in this box. They're cookies with a blend of white and milk chocolate on top with different panda faces (see photo below) and they tasted delicious.
- Chocolate Cream Cookie - This had three little wafer cookies inside with a creamy chocolate filling. They were really light and would go great with morning coffee.
- Umaibo Vegetable Flavor - I've had different flavors of these Umaibo snacks before and I love them. They're a corn puff snack that's a household name in Japan.
- Meito Fish Wafer - I've tried these wafers before, too, but was very happy to receive another one in this box. It's made of a light wafer cookie with cream filling inside. I received the strawberry flavor.
|Super Cola Candy|
|Special Hi-Chew and Flavor Burst Peach Gum|
|Meito Fish Water|
Bottom Line: I'm so impressed by the Japan box from Taste and Curiosity! I think the price is very reasonable and the products are high-quality. There's a good mix of savory and sweet snacks. I highly recommend this box to anyone who wants to try international snacks!