The theme for the month was the five senses, which is apparent from the box sleeve. I loved the green and blue hues, it's my favorite color combo.
The tissue paper inside was also blue and green, which was a fun break from the usual pink. I do like the pink, but these theme boxes are something nice and different. My box took way too long to get to me again (8 days!), and I still think it's ridiculous how long it takes to ship from NYC to Rochester. But oh well, if I want to stay a subscriber I'm just going to have to suck it up.
I received four beauty samples and two lifestyle extras, which is a good quantity of items for $10. My loot included:
- beautyblender - I've heard a lot of buzz about the beautyblender sponge, so I was interested to try it out for myself. It definitely applied my makeup nice and smoothly, but at the end of the day it's just a sponge, not something I would spend $26 on (for two of them). I was also turned off by the company owner's aggressive comments on the official YouTube video.
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint - I have also heard quite a bit about Jouer products but have never tried them before. The shade I got was "Bronzed," which was perfect for my skin. It wasn't the best for coverage of my redness, but the shade blended in really well and was just luminous enough. It was also really weightless. I would consider buying a full-sized bottle of this.
- Stila It's Go Time Lip Glaze - The color of this gloss ("Action") is gorgeous! It's a mauve/pink with flecks of gold in it and I just love it. It also smells really nice. I usually hate the twist dispensers because I feel like I twist and twist and nothing comes out, but this one dispensed nicely.
- Harvey Prince Hello - I love Harvey Prince perfumes! I've tried three (Yogini, Ageless, and Eau Flirt), and Hello is a great addition to my collection. I usually don't wear citrus-y scents, but this one is fun and perfect for the summer. And thumbs-up for it being an atomizer!
- Tea Forte minteas - I've had minteas before (through Conscious Box) and they are super yummy. The flavor I previously had was Ginger Pear, and this time I got Cocoa Mate. Both are awesome and I was really happy to get another tin of these through Birchbox.
- Birchbox earbuds - Everyone got these in their box this month, and it was supposed to come with a month of premium Spotify. I haven't checked out the playlist on the info card, so maybe the Spotify link is on that. But anyway, the color of these is really cute (reminds me of cotton candy), but the sound quality is terrible so I probably won't actually use these.
Bottom Line: My July Birchbox was pretty good! I cancelled in the past because I felt like I was only getting skincare, but if Birchbox keeps up sending me stuff like this I'll probably hang on to my subscription for a while. I'm definitely staying on until at least August because I'm only 10 points away from having 300 to spend in the store ($30).
*Disclaimer: I purchased this Birchbox with my own money and was not asked to review it. I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.