Brenda also assured me that RevitaShape is cruelty-free, and she had checked with the manufacturer. It's a white cream lotion with a light scent. The bottle contains 6 fl oz. and retails for $89.95 on their website. It works to reduce the appearance of cellulite and fat, promote firmness and elasticity, and reduce the appearance of dimples, bumps, and bulges. The key ingredients are:
- Glaucine - An alkaloid found in plant species with anti-inflammatory effects.
- Bupleurum Falcatum - Also known as Chai Hu, useful in helping establish radiant health
- L-Carnitine - Improves skin appearance, including wrinkling, dry or peeling skin, and sunburn
- Coenzyme-A - Reduces the appearance of dimples, bumps, and bulges
- Centella Asiatica Extract - Improves collagen foundation of the skin, firmness, and elasticity
- Caffeine - Aids in the appearance of a rejuvenated, youthful complexion
- Bladderwrack Extract - Helps strengthen the connective tissues of the skin
As I said previously, cellulite is not a problem for me at the moment, but I was still interested to see if this made my skin feel firmer. I used it once a day after my nightly shower for a little over two weeks, but the instructions say that for maximum benefits you should use it for 4-6 weeks. I focused mainly on the top half of my legs, on my quads and hamstrings. I'm not going to bother to post the before and after photos I took because there really is no visible difference in my skin, plus it would just be kind of creepy to have pictures of my legs on here. Even though there was no change in appearance, I did feel that the skin on my quads especially felt a little firmer. To apply the lotion you have to rub it in a circular motion until it's fully absorbed, and it was easiest for me to do that on the top of my leg as opposed to underneath on my hamstring, which is why I think I felt better results there.
Bottom Line: This cream is definitely pricey, so I wish I could expand more on whether or not it worked on cellulite. But it did make my skin feel firmer after two weeks, so I think that's a good sign.
Want to try a tube for yourself? The generous people at Dermavant Labs have offered up one for a reader to win! Enter after the cut with the Rafflecopter form.
This sweepstakes is open to US residents aged 18+ only. It begins on 20 July 2012 and ends at 12:01 AM EST on 27 July 2012. One winner will be chosen by random by this Rafflecopter widget and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond, or a new winner will be chosen. The sponsor is responsible for shipping the winner their prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclaimer: I received a tube of RevitaShape for free to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.