Monday, July 30, 2012

July The Look Bag Review

I finally decided to try The Look Bag, but even if I had loved it I wouldn't have been able to continue because July's bag is their last.  I guess they were having some difficulty with shipping or other things, so they discontinued it in order to focus on making The Look Shop as good as possible.  I admire that, since I know of other companies (*cough* MyGlam *cough*) who really screwed things up and instead of bowing out to fix their problems, they just created a nightmare of customer "service" for their subscribers.


But anyway, onto the bag.  Part of me thinks that half of this bag was thrown together in haste, so I wonder if it would have been slightly better had it not been their abrupt last.  Either way, it showed promise and I did like what was included in previous bags.  It arrived in a pink bubble wrap envelope, which I kind of liked as opposed to a box because I get so many packages that sometimes my bedroom is overflowing with boxes (until I break them down and recycle them, of course).


I opened up the envelope to find everything packaged in this cute little drawstring bag.  The first thing I noticed was the leopard print card, I wasn't sure what was going to be included.


This bag cost $10 a month, and I have to say that based on this and previous ones I saw from others, it's the only service that I find comparable to Birchbox for the price.  The brands might not be as high-end, but I just liked the products that were included.


  • Bremenn Research Labs Miracle Cream - This is a decently-sized sample of moisturizer.  Nothing too special, but it worked well and I'm going to throw it in my bag when I go to my boyfriends' house (we're long distance).
  • Ultraflesh Mascara - I wasn't very excited about this one because I have so many mascaras already.  It worked pretty well, and again is a good size for travel.
  • Korres Lipstick - This was my favorite product.  I love my Korres Guava Body Butter, so I was curious to see if I would like their lipstick.  The shade I got was nude, I would have preferred something more along the lines of a coral or pink (or any color, really), but this glides on so smoothly and it really feels great on my lips.  I usually stay away from lipsticks because they make my lips feel dry, but I do like this one quite a bit.
  • Betsey Johnson Eau de Parfum - I didn't like the way this smelled.  The packaging was really cute and eye-catching, though.
  • Mini Nail Polishes? - I have no idea who these are by.  They aren't listed on the card, all it said was something about a new trend item?  I guess these are it, but I already recycled my card so I don't remember.  They're pretty cheap though, so I don't think I'll be starting any trends with them.

Bottom Line: If The Look Bag wasn't discontinued after this bag I would recommend subscribing to it.  It's kind of a moot point now, though, but you can still shop around at The Look Store (they have some really excellent prices on good brands).


*Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and was not asked to review it. I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.