Since this is an adult-themed box with intimacy products, I'm going to place my review under the "read more." Keep reading if you want to see what was included.
The first Luv My Box debuted in September and was "50 Shades of Grey" themed. I have to admit that I haven't read the book, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a woman who wasn't familiar with it. But aside from that, I was intrigued by Luv My Box because the founder, Kim, created the service because she didn't know which sex toys to try, felt uncomfortable going into sex stores, and was shy about introducing toys into her relationship. I can relate to all of those things, which is why I think it's so great that you can now subscribe to a service like this that will discreetly send you new things to try for $34.95 each month.
My October Luv My Box arrived in a plain cardboard outer box. There was a visible packing slip on the outside that had "personal massager" listed on it, but even though I live with my parents I wasn't embarrassed of them seeing that. I am 23 and in a committed relationship after all, and they're pretty cool about that kind of stuff because they know I'm responsible. The boxed shipped from Vancouver, Canada, and since I live in the U.S. they had to include a list of what was inside so that it could get through customs. The box itself is just plain black, and inside it was lined with pink tissue paper and little black confetti strips (my cat really loved those). The first thing I noticed was the duck massager!
The theme for this box is about having some bath time fun! Here is what was included:
- I Rub My Duckie - This personal massager is made by Big Teaze Toys and I love that it's so adorable but also a little naughty. It's also nice because if I was ever to leave it out and didn't want people to know what it really was, it's easy to say, "oh that's just a cute (non-sex) toy that I found!" It runs on 1 AAA battery, which Luv My Box kindly included. The packaging says it has a strong but quiet motor, but I found that while the motor is strong, it isn't exactly quiet. It's also waterproof, so you can use it in the tub if you want to. This was my first ever experience with a toy, and after I got over the initial embarrassment of not quite knowing what to do with it, I found that I enjoyed it. This is the travel-sized duck and it retails for $21.49.
- Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Body Wash - I was super excited to find this in my box because I love B&BW! The scent is Tangelo Woods and I really like it. It's citrus-y and would be great for an invigorating bath. I used it during my morning shower and it helped me feel more awake.
- Not Soap Radio Pheromone Activated Bubbles - This body wash/bubble bath smells like baby powder. The bottle says "The stuff that Cupid dips his arrows in (because sometimes fate needs an assistant)." I'm not sure how well the pheromones really work, but I did like using this in the shower.
- Dona Pomegrate Bath Foam - This bubble bath is "superfruit and aphrodisiac-infused," and it smells heavenly. The pomegranate smells nice and warm--almost as if there was a slight vanilla scent added in there. I really liked this and it foamed up well. The packaging is also really pretty.
- Inttimo Aromatherapy Massage & Bath Oil - These two little packets came in Cucumber Melon and Forbidden Fruit, and they're the only items I haven't tried yet. I'm really curious to open up the Forbidden Fruit one to see what it smells like, though. The reason I haven't tried them is because my boyfriend and I are long distance, and I'm going to wait until I see him next to use these for back massages (my favorite!).
- Bath pouf - I'm glad this was included because I really needed a new one.
Overall I was very pleased with this box! They sent me the perfect box because I'm obsessed with bath and body products, so it was such a great fit. The Bath & Body Works and Dona products are cruelty-free, but I couldn't confirm that the Inttimo gels or Not Soap Radio body wash were.
Bottom Line: Luv My Box is a bit more expensive than other services, but for those who are looking to explore new adult items it might be worth it for the convenience and discretion. Their two themes so far have been really fun, so I'm curious to see what they'll do for future boxes.
*Disclaimer: I received this box for free to facilitate my review. I was not monetarily compensated for this review and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.