I'm not a crafty person, but I do like getting little trinkets and such, so that's why I was interested in this box. I paid $25 total for this box, $20 for the box itself and $5 for shipping. Shipping to Canada is $10 and $15 for anywhere else. I can't find a definitive price on their website at the moment, so I'm going to guess that $20 is the price of every box. Indie Gift Box is interesting in that there are only a specific number of boxes available -- sometimes only 10-15, but this box had 100 available. You have to monitor either their blog (I signed up for the email list) or other social media to get updates on when the box will go on sale, and you have only 10 minutes to pay through PayPal or you'll lose your spot.
I wanted to purchase the Holiday Box because after seeing the preview of what brands would be featured I thought that they looked interesting. I had my boyfriend hop online to grab one for me since I was at work, and he didn't have any difficulty with it since they had so many available. It shipped fairly quickly, but I can't remember how long it took exactly since I got it a few weeks ago (this review kind of fell by the wayside due to sponsored reviews I had).
I was excited to open the box because I'd never tried a service like this one before, but the items inside left me with lukewarm feelings. They weren't terrible by any means, but I didn't feel it was worth $25--maybe $15, but not $25. Here's what was inside:
- The Shop of Worldly Delights Matryoshka Ornament ($9) - This ornament is really cute but it's not something I would normally purchase for myself. It's one of the items I felt more "meh" about.
- PlainJ Body and Home Soy Candle ($7) - This was my favorite item in the box because I'm totally candle-obsessed. The scent is Cranberry Citrus and it smells fantastic.
- Kitty Meow Holiday Card ($3.50) - I don't send out Christmas cards, but my parents do. I'll probably give this to my mom to see if she wants to send it to anyone.
- Life Created Snowman Tag Kit ($2.75) - I love snowmen and this is really adorable. Like the ornament, I wouldn't purchase it otherwise, but it makes me smile at least.
- EEF Etcetera Holiday Necklace ($12) - I didn't end up taking a picture of my necklace, but it's a small silver snowflake charm on a silver chain. I really like it and it's perfect for winter.
So the value of the items in the box adds up to $34.25, and there were also coupons for other Etsy shops included. The coupons were the part that I misunderstood; when I read all of the shops that would be included in the box I didn't realize that half of them would just be coupons. Had I realized that, I probably wouldn't have bought the box. The vendors included were Megandowntherabbithole, My So Called Chaos, Sebastian Design, Wired Essentials, and issa.ino:handmade. I did take a look at all of the shops, but none of them piqued my interest so I won't be using the coupons.
Bottom Line: I think Indie Gift Box is a really fun idea for people who love handmade crafts. I just like handmade crafts, so I probably won't be purchasing another Indie Gift Box in the future. The only type of box I might be interested in from them in the future would be one that featured beauty items or home fragrance.
Check out more up-close photos of the items after the cut.
*Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not asked to review it. I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.