Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Daily Dose of Green Review

After reviewing Daily Dose of Green's subscription service in November, I loved the box so much that I signed up to be a full member.  They have a wait list, but I was sent the information to join shortly after putting my name in.  I filled out my profile survey and anxiously awaited my first box; I was even more excited to get this one because I was curious to see what kind of items they would include for me based on that survey.


The box definitely didn't disappoint!  There were eight items total, nine if you include the bonus gift wrap set. I prefer lifestyle boxes because I like getting a variety of items, and this definitely had a lot of variety inside.  Here's what I got:



  • Earth's Beauty Lip Glaze in Wild Rose - This lip glaze is a really pretty red, a deep red/maroon.  It's good for a "night" look and I'll definitely use it during the holidays.
  • Be Natural Organics Daily Botanical Enzyme Peel - I tried this peel for the first time today and I really liked it.  It's in liquid form and you just apply a few drops to a cotton ball and then pat it onto the skin and leave it there until dry.  It felt tingly at first, but I liked it because I could tell it was working.  What it does is it dissolves the glue-like substances that hold onto dead skin cells so that they can be washed away.
  • Nardos Natural Lip Balm in Peppermint - I love lip balms a ton so I can never have too many.  This one is USDA organic and feels really smooth, and peppermint is also one of my favorite flavors.
  • Bee All Natural Organic Intense Hand & Foot Salve - This is also in peppermint, and also a product I think I'll really enjoy.  Any kind of natural moisturizer, especially for the feet, gets a thumbs-up from me.
  • Farmboy Flapjacks Whole Grain Almond Spice Cookie Mix - I'm so excited to bake these!  Almond Spice sounds absolutely delicious and the bag is a big 12 oz., so I'll definitely get a few good batches out of it.
  • Go Naturally Organic Hard Candy - These are super yummy, I'm eating a Pomegranate one right now.  I like hard candies in the winter because the dry air can really make my throat scratchy.  These are handmade and gluten-free as well.
  • Daddy Van's All Natural Furniture Polish - This item isn't on my informational card, but it's a Beeswax & Lavender polish for fine wood.  I don't have a use for it now, but once I have my own place I'm sure I'll find a use for it.
  • Pet Naturals of Vermont Smelly Cat Treats - These also weren't on my card, but I'm so glad they were in my box!  I was hoping I'd receive them after seeing them on the Daily Dose of Green site, and my cat really loved them, so much so that I'll probably purchase full-sized bags in the future.
  • Gift Wrap Set - At first I thought there was something wrapped inside of this, but it was extra tissue paper and a gold ribbon.  It was just a cute extra item, and I already used it to wrap up part of my boyfriend's Christmas present!

If you'd rather watch the unboxing, check out my video below.



Bottom Line: For only $15 (shipping included), I'm very impressed with this box.  I think it's a lot of fun and they included some great items for me this month.  I'm really looking forward to what future months bring!

View more photos after the cut.




*Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not asked to review it.  I was not compensated for this post in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.