Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cargo Cosmetics The Mediterranean Kit Review and Swatches

I decided to finally use my $10 credit at Rue La La and treat myself to something I really love: new makeup! I had never used Cargo Cosmetics before, so when they had the Mediterranean Kit on sale for only $19 I had to snatch it up, and I'm really glad that I did!



This kit retails for $34, so the price I got it at was a steal.  I like getting kits like this, even though I don't really need them, because I like to try different types of products all at once (especially from a brand that's new to me).  Here's what the kit includes:

  • Blush - Mendocino, .31 oz
  • Eye Shadow Duo, .12 oz
  • Better-Than-Waterproof Mascara, .33 oz
  • Swimmables Waterproof Eye Pencil - Teal, .028 oz
  • Lip Gloss - Morocco, .105 oz



My favorite item is definitely the Eye Shadow Duo.  The shadows themselves don't have names, but it's a great brown and gold combination inside of the pan.  My everyday makeup for work consists of those colors, which is one of the main reasons why I decided on this kit (Rue La La had a few up for sale).

I also really enjoy the Swimmables eyeliner.  I've heard a lot of great things about them, so I was excited to finally try one out for myself.  It definitely didn't disappoint - the color glides on incredibly smoothly and is nice and vibrant.  I haven't actually worn it yet, though, so I can't comment on how long it stays on for.


The Mendocino Blush is absolutely gorgeous.  At first I wasn't sure if I would like it since it's darker than what I usually use (The Balm's "Hot Mama,"), but I think it looks really flattering.  I have medium skin with yellow undertones, and the little gold flecks in the blush really make it complimentary to my tone.  I have to apply it with a light hand, though, because it is very pigmented.

As far as the Better-Than-Waterproof Mascara and the Morocco Lip Gloss, I could take them or leave them.  The lip gloss is actually a really beautiful shade and I do enjoy it, I just don't get too excited about lip glosses in general.  This one has a nice formula and doesn't feel sticky at all, which is nice.  The mascara is probably my least favorite item.  I'm picky about my mascaras, and this one doesn't really do much for my lashes.  They're on the short side and tend to stick straight out, thanks to my Korean genes, so I need a mascara that adds more volume and length.


Bottom Line: I am so happy with this kit!  All of the color products are wonderfully pigmented and really great quality.  I would definitely recommend them to everyone.  The cosmetic bag it all came in is an added bonus, and I adore the little dolphin charm on the zipper (you can see it clearly in the first photo of this post).

Check out more photos of the packaging behind the "read more."





*Disclaimer: I purchased this kit and was not asked to review it.  I received no compensation for this review and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.