Sunday, January 13, 2019

The BUB Club Solar Box Review - Quarter Two

Lil BUB is an internet-famous cat that is super adorable, and she and her Dude (Mike Bridavsky) started a subscription box, The BUB Club, that sends you exclusive BUB merch and also gives back to pets in need! I received my second quarterly box early by request.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


The BUB Club box has has four subscription levels at the following prices:
  • Lil Box: $23 every three months for an exclusive 8" x 8" photo, sticker, postcard, and either a pin, button, magnet, or other accessory
  • Earth Box: $39 every three months for stationery, stickers, and accessories and a $5 credit to the BUB store
  • Solar Box: $59 every three months for all items from the Lil Box, some from the Earth box, and 2-3 exclusive themed gifts such as scarves, hats, shirts, or more and a $10 credit to the BUB store
  • Galactic Box: $115 every three months for some of the merch from the three previous tiers, a signed BUB photo, and a limited edition handmade item such as a necklace, tea cup, or more and a $15 credit to the BUB store
Shipping is free to the continental U.S. With each box, you'll also help donate money for special needs pets as follows:
  • Lil Box: Raises $1.50 per box for special needs pets and donates five bowls of food to homeless pets every quarter
  • Earth Box: Raises $5 every box for special needs pets and donates five bowls of food
  • Solar Box: Raises $10 for special needs pets and donates five bowls of food
  • Galactic Box: Raises $15 for special needs pets and donates 10 bowls of food

This is a review of the Solar Box (third tier). BUB commissions different artists each month to create the exclusive merchandise, including the box design itself. This quarter's box is "Yummy" themed and had food-inspired items.

Normally the second quarter box would not ship until  February, but the BUB team offered first quarter subscribers the option to receive their second quarter box early to make up for some shipping delays with the first box.


The Solar Box had five sets of products, with 16 total individual items. Unfortunately I misplaced my informational sheet that listed all of the artists for each item, so I can't tell you who made the merch this month (so sorry!). But here's what was inside:
  • BUB Pillow: This little pillow is so adorable! It's nice and sturdy and I actually use it as a toy for my cat. She loves knocking it around!
  • BUB Patch: This patch features BUB as a hamburger and is really cute and detailed. I think I'm going to add it onto my backpack.
  • BUB Pop Socket: I hated Pop Sockets for the longest time because I thought they were pointless. But then I received this one and couldn't say no to adding to my phone, and I finally understand why they're so popular! It really does make it easier to hold my phone and doubles as a kickstand for watching Netflix, etc.

  •  Sticker Sheet Packs and Die Cut Stickers: I have a feeling this subscription will feature a lot of BUB stickers, but I'm not complaining. I added the BUB sundae one to my laptop and am saving the others for adding to birthday cards, etc.
  • Postcard Pack: These six postcards are printed on thick, sturdy cardstock and have illustrations of BUB as various foods, plus a Dude tattoo-style one. I especially love the hamburger BUB!
  • Magnet: This magnet has BUB's face on it as an orange and is similar to the designs received in the first quarter box.
  • 8x8" Photo Print: Each Solar Box will also contain a high-quality photo print matching the quarter's theme. To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these, but they're super cute and possibly may get framed in the future. I think they'd make great decorations for a kid's room.

Here's one more up-close photo of the BUB patch.

I've seen some criticism of this subscription box regarding the item value related to the box cost, and I can see where this box really is for BUB super fans. I'm pleased with both of the boxes I've gotten so far, plus I know that my purchase helps donate food and money to pets in need, but if you aren't someone who sees yourself needing a quarterly box of BUB-themed items, this box may be a bit of a stretch when it comes to price.
Bottom Line: The "Yummy" Solar Club Box had a lot of cute items! My favorites were the die cut stickers and the pillow. I'm excited to see what next quarter's theme will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.