Saturday, September 21, 2019

Walmart Beauty Box - Spring and Summer 2019

I never ended up posting my review for the Spring Walmart Beauty Box and I got the Summer one a few weeks ago, so I decided to post a review of both.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


The Walmart Beauty Box is a quarterly box that sends samples of products that you can purchase at Walmart stores and online. It's a free box but you have to pay shipping, so in essence it costs $5 a quarter for a box of samples.


For $5 every quarter, I think this box is a good deal and a lot of fun to open. You're not going to get high-end brands and there will be foil packet samples, but considering it's a "free" box I think it lives up to expectations.


The Spring 2019 box contained six samples and came with a canvas zippered pouch. I'm usually not a fan of getting pouches with subscriptions because I end up having too many of them, but this one is actually pretty sturdy so I'll actually use it.


Here's what was inside:

  • Soo Ae Purifying Black Charcoal Mask (full-sized): I love these masks and I pick some up almost every time I go to Walmart. The Soo Ae brand is a great K-beauty brand and these masks provide hydration and moisture with the clarifying benefits of characoal.
  • Hello Fluoride Free Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste: I like that this has charcoal in it (it really does help whiten teeth, in my experience), but I prefer fluoride in my toothpaste. It has no artificial sweeteners, dyes, or sulfates.
  • Purely Inspired Collagen Peptides: This supplement contains collagen to help support strong hair, skin, and nails. Am I sold on the efficacy of ingestible collagen? No. But if you're interested in trying, this is a nice option.


The Summer 2019 box also had six samples.

  • Schick Intuition F.A.B. Razor (full-sized): The "FAB" in the name stands for forwards and backwards because you can use this razor in both directions. It makes for easier and more precise shaving.
  • TRESemme Betweetn Washes Volumizing Dry Shampoo: I didn't realize until writing up this review that this is a duplicate product from the Spring box. If I'm going to get multiples, at least it's something I'll definitely use!
  • Olay Daily Facials Daily Hydrating Clean Makeup Removing Cloth: I like having a little cloth like this for on-the-go, especially to use after working out. This one is a dry cloth that you add water to for the cleansing power of a makeup remover, scrub, toner, and mask all in one.
  •  Freeman Detoxifying Charcoal and Black Sugar Mud Mask: This mask is made with Dead Sea minerals to moisturize and lift away dirt and toxins without drying out the skin. I've had good experiences with Freeman masks in the past and I think they're a good, affordable option.
  • Biore Witch Hazel Ultra Deep Cleaning Pore Strips: Even though I know these aren't the best for your skin I still use them every once in a while. It's just so satisfying to see the extra dirt and sebum lifted out of my pores. This one worked as well as the regular nose strips do.
  • Curel Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer: I've gotten this in a previous box and I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan. It's a moisturizer that you apply in the shower to wet skin and then rinse off, and I didn't notice much of a difference in my skin after using it.

Bottom Line: For about the price of a latte at Starbucks, each quarter you can get a box of fun samples from Walmart. I think this box delivers exactly what it promises for an affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.