Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Colourpop x Animal Crossing Review

I knew when Colourpop announced they were doing an Animal Crossing collection that they'd sell out quickly, and they did! Luckily I was able to snag the items that I really wanted.

*Disclaimer: These products were purchased by See, Shop, Love!


If you're not familiar, Animal Crossing is a video game from Nintendo where you create your own island and cute animal villagers move in. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the newest edition, which has been out for a little over a year. It's been really popular because it came out during the height of the COVID pandemic, making it a great escape, literally and metaphorically.

I bought all four eyeshadow palettes and a Lip Tint Mini Kit. The first time they were released I was only able to get two palettes, but the products were stocked at Ulta at a later date and I grabbed the other items I wanted then. There is still some stock available on the Colourpop website.

The palette I wanted the most, What a Hoot, ended up being the least popular, as it was still available once I finally made it through the queue on the Colourpop website. Nook, Inc.was also still there, so I grabbed it as well.

What a Hoot has neutral shades, which are my favorites, and Nook, Inc. has green/blue shades. 

Photos of swatches for all of the palettes are further down in the post.

I love all of the colors in What a Hoot! I was surprised it wasn't more popular, but I guess neutral tones are pretty common. That being said, the two glitters (Meteor Shower and All Aflutter) are really glittery, and the mattes (Celestial and WHO!) are good base shades.

I bought Nook, Inc. just because it was still there but I really ended up liking the colors. Yes...Yes! and CEO are glitter shades, Made in the Shade is a less dense shimmer, and Water Landing is a darker matte.


I picked up the other two palettes, 5 Star Island and Labelle of the Ball from Ulta. They were the same price, but the release on their website was way less hectic than the first one on Colourpop.

5 Star Island has a shimmery light yellow called Isabelle, a matte pink called Island Tune, and two pink/magenta glitters called Island Designer and Resident Rep. This one was a little disappointing, as Isabelle and Island Tune weren't as pigmented as I was hoping.

I also really love Labelle of the Ball. Able Sisters and Custom Design are dense shimmers and Tailors Ticket is a less intense light purple shimmer. Serene Sable is a matte purple.

There were three Lip Tint Mini Kits to choose from and I picked up Fruit Roots, which has the shades Orange Cutie and Peach Surprise. All of the tints smell like fruits! They have a decent color payoff, a kind of mix between a balm and a gloss.




Colourpop always has good quality products and their collabs are so fun! The Animal Crossing one did not disappoint and I'm glad I was able to buy the items that I wanted. You really can't beat Colourpop's prices and quality.

  • Visit Colourpop to shop the entire collection

Bottom Line: I highly recommend any of Colourpop's products, as there has never been one I didn't enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.