Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sprout Skincare Review

Today was a very good day for me because after a stressful day at work I came home to lots of goodies!  My three shipments from Fab.com arrived, but for this review I'm going to focus on just one of them.



Sprout Skincare is a company based out of Brooklyn that creates all-natural, sustainable skin care.  Two of my favorite things!  I was super excited when they were featured on Fab.com because I love skin care products, and even better that these are sustainable.  The card in the photo above came with my order, on which the founder Adina wrote,
I created Sprout because I wanted no-frills skincare that worked.  We make everything in small batches, using the simplest possible blends of whole, high-potency ingredients--no dangerous synthetics, no exotic fillers.  I choose all of our ingredients from organic, local, or fair trade sources so that our products are healthier for our customers, our communities, and our planet.  I hope you enjoy using them as much as we enjoy making them!
What's not to love about that?  I love finding out about new eco-friendly companies, and Sprout Skincare has it all: they support local farmers by using local or fair-trade materials, their ingredients are all-natural, and their products work.



The first part of my order was a four-pack of their original lip balms.  As you can see from the photo the flavors are Peppermint, Cocoa, Citrus, and Cinnamon.  They smell absolutely amazing!  My favorite is the Cinnamon, but they're all really excellent.  The Peppermint has that fun tingly feeling that I love.  I love organic lip balms because I feel that they work so much better than the traditional drugstore types with artificial ingredients.  These go on smoothly and don't leave any sort of funky residue feeling on my lips.  The ingredients are cocoa butter, extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, and essential oils for scent in the Citrus, Cinnamon, and Peppermint.  They also come in a vegan variety without the beeswax.  The four-pack "Lip Balm Flight" retails for $18, and an individual balm costs $5.



The second item I bought is this luscious cream.  The jar is smaller than I envisioned it, and I was a bit bummed at first, but after using it that quickly went away.  This cream is very thick and a little bit goes a long way.  I can already tell that it's going to be great for the winter on my chapped knees, elbows, and ankles.  It feels really luxurious and smooth!  My only (tiny) gripe is that there is no essential oil scent.  It smells a bit like cookie dough before you cook it, but less sweet, if you can imagine that.  The ingredients are wildcrafted, unrefined shea butter, extra virgin coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil.  It costs $32 for 3.75 ounces.



What sets Sprout Skincare apart for me is the fact that they hand make all of their products for each customer.  As you can see, the back of my jar says "This batch made by Adina on 11/23/11," and the message is clearly hand-written.  The care that they put into their products is so evident, and it translates into amazing skin care!
Bottom Line: I love these products and I will definitely be buying more in the future.  I highly recommend them to everyone: those who regularly buy organic/sustainable products and those who have never tried them.  You won't be disappointed!

Disclaimer: I received these products through a flash sale on Fab.com free of charge because I had earned enough credits and free shipping through referring new members to the site.  I was not reimbursed in any way for this review, and these honest opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.