Eco-Emi costs $15 a month, and for that price you get a box with 8-10 eco-friendly items. While it's technically a lifestyle box, there are usually a decent amount of beauty products each month. I really enjoy how the boxes are packaged, you can tell that a great deal of care is taken when they're assembled each month. There is a lot of tissue paper, but it's recyclable.
The theme for the April box was India. On the description card, Christine (CEO and owner) wrote that "the beautiful architecture, animals, gorgeous fabrics and patterns, bright colors, tropical flowers, and warm, cozy spices were the inspiration..." Here is what was included:
- Baby Me Goat Milk Soap - This soap is in the brown packaging pictured above. I haven't opened it yet, but it's an unscented and vegetarian. I'll probably wait a while before using it because I'm up to the ears in soaps at the moment.
- Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Plum - I'm on the fence about Burt's Bees. I have their original lip balm because I like the tingly feeling, but I recently made the decision not to purchase any of their products anymore because I don't like that their parent company (Clorox) tests on animals. Even though Burt's Bees doesn't test, purchasing their items supports other subsidiaries that do. The plum shade on this is also too dark for me, I prefer more natural-looking colors.
- Catalyst Gourmet - The sample pack included Enchanting Chai Gourmet Enhancers, Finishing Sugars, and Spiced Chocolate. I haven't tried the sugars or enhancers, but I liked the spiced chocolate bark. It had a great chai spice flavor, which is one of my all-time favorite tastes.
- Dr. Collins Natural Toothpaste - I've been using Lush's Toothy Tabs recently, but I'm willing to give this a try. The flavor is Vanilla Mint & Goji Berry, and it's vegan and gluten free.
- The Seaweed Bath Company Seaweed Body Wash - The scent of this is Eucalyptus and Peppermint. Haven't tried it yet, not sure when I will. It has all-natural ingredients and is good for those with rough skin.
- Shea Radiance Whipped Shea Butter - When they say whipped, they mean it! The texture of this is so luxuriously light. The scent is Kalahari Melon, which is okay. One thing I didn't like about this is that since it's whipped, there's more air, so it doesn't spread very well. I'm more a fan of products where a little goes a long way.
- Mate Factor Yerba Mate - Tropical Lime flavor, nothing special to me. It tasted good and I'm a tea fan, but I'm tired of getting so many tea samples.
- Lauren Brook Cosmetiques Bronzer - I didn't really care for this bronzer. It's more of a matte, and I prefer ones that are a bit shimmery. The shade is "Golden."
- Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Fair Trade Honey - I don't really eat honey, so I'm not sure when I'll really try this. It came with a pamphlet that had recipes in it, though, so maybe I'll give those a try.
Bottom Line: I thoroughly enjoy Eco-Emi. For anyone who is interested in learning more about living a green lifestyle, this is a great service. April's box was no disappointment, as always.
*Disclaimer: I purchased this Eco-Emi box with my own money and I was not asked to review it. I did not receive any compensation for this review and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.