|I especially love the cover photo this month, so pretty!|
August's box contained 12 items, not including the postcard in the upper-right hand corner and the miscellaneous coupons and inserts. As you can see, it was mostly food items, which I've noticed they do every three or four boxes or so. I actually like it; I have such a massive buildup of unused samples that it's hard to find room for more. If I can just eat them all then that problem is solved!
- berryplus Laundry Soap - This item is a repeat, which kind of surprised me. I also received some of this in my first Conscious Box back in December. It's a very useful product, though, so I don't mind getting another one.
- I Love Chicken Poop Lip Junk - This made me smile simply because of the name. There is no poop in it! I'm not really sure why the name is Chicken Poop, but it's a nice beeswax-based lip balm.
- Crispy Green Crispy Mangoes - I love mangoes but I didn't care for these freeze-dried ones. The texture just freaked me out and I didn't like the way they felt against my teeth (does that sound weird?). They tasted great, though, I just couldn't get past the texture.
- Crunchmaster Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers - I opened these up after failing with the mangoes and I loved them. They're pretty simple, just delicious, gluten-free crackers.
- St. Claire's Organics Raspberry Tarts - My informational card says that they're watermelon, but I received raspberry. I'm fine with either flavor. I haven't tried these yet, but I'm sure they're great because I'm still loving the St. Claire's Organics peppermints I got last month.
- Honest Tea Honest Kids Berry Berry Good Lemon - I love Honest Tea products and I also love juice, so I'm really interested in trying this one. I like the sound of the flavor and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
- Natural Vitality Kids Natural Calm Multi - I've blogged about Natural Vitality products quite a bit, and I've used both their Natural Calm and Natural Calm Plus Calcium. The Kids variety is Fruity Splash flavored.
- thinkThin Crunch - I received two thinkThin bars in a Cravebox once and I hated them. They really tasted terrible. This time I got "Chocolate Dipped Mixed Nuts" and "Blueberry & Mixed Nuts." The blueberry one wasn't bad at all, and I'm hoping the chocolate one will be good (I think it was just something about their peanut butter flavors that was really gross to me).
- Weleda Pomegranate Firming Serum - I have a feeling this is going to be a lot of peoples' favorite product. It retails for $45, and I've heard great things about Weleda before, but I'm not sure if I'll end up using this. I'm overloaded with creams and serums already, so I might sell this.
- Wexy Bags - These are so cute! They're biodegradable, BPA-free snack bags with fun monsters on the front. They're obviously targeted toward children, but I'm going to use them for my lunches at work!
- Go Raw Real Live Apricot Bar - This was the extra item for the month (which you can receive by interacting with Conscious Box on Facebook). It's USDA Organic, vegan, and certified wheat/gluten free. It looks like one of those fruit leathers with seeds in it.
Bottom Line: Lots of yummy treats were included in August's Conscious Box, but it didn't wow me the way boxes in the past have. I think that was mostly due to the fact that there wasn't a ton of variety this month. I still was satisfied with this box, and am looking forward to what they'll include for September.
Check out more photos after the read more.
|Crunchmaster, Wexy Bags, Natural Vitality, Weleda|
|St. Claire's Organics, Go Raw, I Love Chicken Poop, berryplus|
|Crispy Green and Honest Tea Honest Kids|
*Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not asked to review it. I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.