I received my first PopSugar Must have back in December, and that box was not great either (but it was better than April's). I was excited to sign up because the previous months had been fantastic, but I think I just have bad timing. I have looked at other peoples' reviews of the boxes in between, though, and I have to say I haven't been impressed. PopSugar Must Have costs $35 a month, so it's more expensive than many of the other services out there, but it also will contain at least $100 worth of merchandise.
- Alter Eco Dark Quinoa Organic Chocolate - I'm all for organic and fair trade, and if you like dark chocolate I bet you'd love this bar. I, however, am not the biggest fan of dark chocolate so this was only so-so for me. It has a great flavor, it's just not a flavor I particularly care for. The quinoa was cool, though; it basically just tastes like little rice crunchies.
- kai Perfume Oil - I hate this perfume because I don't like florals. It's too strong and I don't care for it, but if florals are your thing you might like this. The vial is so small though, which is why I feel like we got ripped off for this box (it doesn't matter to me that it retails for $48).
- Shashi New Nugget Bracelet - My bracelet is cobalt, which is pretty, but my gripe with this one is that it doesn't lie smoothly. You can see in the first photo that it's bent into a triangle. I figured that it would smooth out when I put it on my wrist, but it doesn't, so you just end up with this weird, square-shaped type of thing.
- Tatcha Aburatorigami Evening Blotting Papers - This is my favorite item in the box. I've used these many times before, and I was glad that I didn't have to go buy another package of blotting papers.
- The Green Garmento All-in-One Bag - I could see where this would be handy, but I have no use for it. I suppose I might need it in the future if I travel or buy something that's actually nice enough to be dry cleaned.
|A better picture of the kai perfume oil|
The reason why I was so let down by this box was because even though the retail value did equal more than $100, it hardly seemed worth it. The perfume oil is a tiny bottle (it'd be considered sample-sized for most other services) but supposedly has a retail value of $48. I just felt like the items in April's box were really disappointing and I wasn't excited to receive any of them. Based on the comments on the April reveal post on the Must Have blog, a lot of people feel the same way I do.
Bottom Line: I really hope that PopSugar Must Have steps it up for May, or else it will be my last box for a long time! I think the idea is great, but their choice of items for the past few months has not been.
*Disclaimer: I purchased this box and was not asked to review it. I received no compensation and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.