The Tasteful Pantry's Treat Box costs $21.99 per month, or $23.99 for a one-time purchase. Shipping is free for addresses within California and $3 for US addresses outside of it (they hope to be able to offer free shipping across the entire US as they grow). Currently they only ship within the US.
Each box contains five to seven individually sized snacks, customized to any "free-from" preferences you provide to them. You can choose any or all of the following: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, and nut-free. Customers can also purchase the free-from snacks that have been included in past boxes directly from the Tasteful Pantry shop if they so choose. Members who register their contact information gain access to a members-only section of the website where they receive discounted pricing and specialty products only available to them.
I don't have any of the above-listed dietary restrictions, but I chose to receive nut-free products because they (nut products) aren't my favorites. I love that The Tasteful Pantry offers so many "free-from" options, though, because I can appreciate how frustrating it must be at times to find quality foods that are also in line with specific dietary needs.
My Treat Box came with seven snacks, as well as seven small cards that detailed each product.
- The Better Chip Spinach and Kale Chips - These are made with whole grain corn and real, fresh vegetables and are also all-natural and GMO-free. I haven't tried them yet, but I love kale chips so I bet they'll be delicious.
- Giddy Up & Go Seriously Seedy Granola - This nut-free granola contains organic pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds as well as antioxidant-rich dried fruits. I'm going to take this with me to work tomorrow and eat it as my breakfast.
- Way Better Snacks Simply Sprouted Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips - These chips were the only product that I knew of before receiving this box, and I was so excited to see them! I buy Way Better Snacks chips on a regular basis and the Sweet Chili sprouted chips are one of my favorites. They're perfectly spicy and have a great crunch, I highly recommend them.
- Bee Nut Free Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookie - This cookie is huge! I was so happy when I saw it because I love cookies and anything that has cinnamon in it. It's free from the top eight food allergens (milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy, and gluten/wheat) and made with all-natural ingredients.
- Mediterranean Snacks Rosemary Herb Lentil Crackers - I opened these up right away because I was really curious about how they tasted, and unfortunately I didn't care for them. It wasn't that they tasted bad, I just didn't care for the flavor combination. I gave them to my brother, and he thoroughly enjoyed them.
- Jumpstart Apple Bar - This bar is hand-made and unrefined and a source of all-natural energy. This is going to be another on-the-go breakfast bar for me in the near future. I think I'll really like it because I love apples.
- Golden Valley Natural Organic Beef Jerky - This protein-rich snack contains natural smoky flavors of ranch-raised beef, sea salt, and onion. It sounds great and I will definitely be giving it a try soon.
I was incredibly impressed with this Treat Box from The Tasteful Pantry! I loved the variety of snacks, especially because I had never heard of most of these brands before. I look forward to trying them all and purchasing more in the future. I especially appreciate how easy it is to use the website's shop feature, and that you can sort by any of the "-free" options to view products to try.
- Learn more about The Tasteful Pantry's Treat Box at their website
- Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
Bottom Line: The Tasteful Pantry's Treat Box is an excellent, affordable subscription option for anyone who has special dietary needs, or someone who simply wants to receive a box of delicious, health-conscious snacks!
*Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by The Tasteful Pantry. I did not receive monetary compensation.