*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!
At this point I don't think I'll ever unsubscribe from Birchbox, unless I have a budget issue. I've been subscribed for going on three or four years now and every box is so much fun. For $10 you really can't go wrong.
This month's box was clearly geared towards summer and included solid, practical items.
- benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel - benefit is launching a new line of brow products and this was an exclusive pre-release just for Birchbox subscribers. I chose shade 5, the deepest option, for my sample choice and it matched my brows perfectly. This is exactly what it sounds like, it has a little brush at the end and is mascara-like; you brush it over your brows to add more volume and fullness. My brows are small and thin due to overplucking years ago and this adds a good amount of filler.
- Lavanila The Healthy Sunscreen Sport Luxe SPF 30 - I like Lavanila's products and can always use a good sunscreen. I like that this is specifically a sport formula and I'll use it when I go running outdoors.
- Avene Thermal Spring Water - I've gotten this before from other subscriptions and it's not exciting. My understanding is that it's literally just spring water in an aerosol can. That being said, it is practical and I like to spritz it on my face post-workout and when I'm doing stuff outdoors and start to get overheated.
- IPKN Moist & Firm Beauty Balm SPF 45 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this BB cream! I've never found a BB cream I liked prior to this one because they never offered enough coverage. This one matches my skin tone really well and offers great coverage while still feeling light on my skin. I also really like that it has a high SPF. I want to purchase a full-sized tube but they're currently sold out of my shade (light/medium) on the Birchbox site.
- dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion - I've tried a few of the pore products from dr. brandt and they just never seem to do much. I know this is a more expensive line so I expect better results, but they're just average. It's certainly not a bad product, but it didn't seem any different to me than other exfoliators I've used.
Here's what the Gimme Brow looks like inside of the packaging.
Bottom Line: Birchbox, to me, is all about discovering new products and this month's box certainly helped me to do just that. I love the IPKN Beauty Balm and will be buying a full-sized version as soon as it's back in stock, and I was happy to find a new sport sunscreen (the Lavanila).