Friday, September 8, 2017

August Sports Crate Review - Chicago Cubs

The August Sports Crate was only about a week delayed, so that's an improvement! I have mixed feelings about this month's box; read on to find out why.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Sports Crate is a part of the Loot Crate family and costs $39.99 per month for 5-7 officially licensed, exclusive items valued at $80+. The current season is MLB and is available for the following teams: Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and the Texas Rangers.

I purchased the Season Pass option for all five boxes (May through September). This option is no longer available, but for those of you who also purchased it, our extra figurine should be arriving with September's box.

Each month features a BALLERS figurine, and as you can see from the photo above this month's is missing. Sports Crate stated they listened to subscriber feedback and are retooling the figurines to look more realistic and have higher quality. I already thought they were pretty nice, but I won't say no to improvements, either. The figurines should be completed and shipped by the last week of September.


The BALLERS figurine for September is Anthony Rizzo, and I'm so excited because he's my favorite current Cub! Based on the photo in the product insert, it looks a lot like him. There's also an exclusive Topps Trading Card to go along with the figurine.


The '47 Clean Up Adjustable Hat is a soft hat with an adjustable band in the back. By soft I mean there's a cardboard insert inside of it to keep its shape, otherwise it would kind of just flop in on itself. I actually just bought a new Cubs hat, and I guess I should have waited because I should have assumed a baseball cap would be sent at some time from a baseball subscription box!


The Tervis Tumbler is my favorite item in the box, aside from the upcoming BALLERS figurine. I've been meaning to get a cup like this for a while but usually end up spending my money on Cubs t-shirts or jerseys instead, so this was a nice surprise. I really love the design, especially all of the old logos on it.
Bottom Line: This month's Sports Crate was just okay to me. The hat would have been better if I hadn't just bought one, and the box felt kind of empty without the BALLERS figurine. Basically I got a box with a hat, a cup, and a trading card. I don't mean that to sound super critical though, because I really do like the cup. I'm excited to see the BALLERS figurine once it arrives, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.