Friday, January 8, 2021

December 2020 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I think everyone knows about Ipsy by now. I used to subscribe years ago when they first launched and were still called MyGlam. I decided to subscribe again because they've become one of the best affordable beauty subscriptions, in my opinion.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.

Ipsy costs $12 per month for their basic Glam Bag. They also have a Glam Bag Plus for $25 per month, and a Glam Bag X that replaces your bag once a quarter for $43 per bag.

The standard Glam Bag comes with five samples worth $50+ every month. Glam Bag Plus sends five full-sized products, and the Glam Bag X sends seven full-sized products and you get to choose three of them. Shipping is free to the U.S. and $2.95 to Canada.

I was drawn back to Ipsy because I liked the quality of brands and product types that they've been sending out. I think it's a good deal for only $12 and I was running low on my beauty sample supply (finally).

My December bag had a good representation of products that fit my needs very well. I also liked the design of the December bag itself, though I could do without a monthly bag. I don't know what to do with them -- they're nice enough that I feel guilty throwing them out, but I also don't need all these little pouches (I usually end up donating them).

 

Here's what was in my bag:

  • IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream: This moisturizer is clinically tested to give skin a healthier, more radiant appearance with Vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, ceramides, and more. It's a thicker cream that's great for winter but it still felt light on my skin and absorbed quickly.
  • Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: I've tried this serum a few times before and it's fine, but nothing special to me. It probably works well, but the sample size is too small to really be able to tell how well it works with my skin. It has green grape extract and patented viniferine to help lighten hyperpigmentation and even skin tone.


  •  Violet Voss Single Eyeshadow in Nude Sparks: I love this eyeshadow shade. It's a gorgeous golden brown with shimmer flecks. I like wearing it on my lids as a single shade for extra dimension, but it's also great as a base for other colors.
  • Glam Up Moisturizing Avocado and Nourishing Acai Berry Sheet Mask Set: I love sheet masks so I'll take as many as Ipsy wants to send. The avocado mask is great for moisturizing and the acai berry works to tighten pores and smooth fine lines.
  • Beauty for Real Lip Cream + Color in Really Red: This is a gorgeous red lipstick. I prefer liquids and usually go for mattes, but this cream stayed put on my lips and looked very glam.

The December bag had a faux shearling design and was really cute! The bags are much better made than when I used to subscribe.

  • Visit Ipsy to subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.