Monday, January 4, 2021

Winter 2020 FabFitFun Review and $10 Off Coupon

I've always liked FabFitFun but I've subscribed intermittently. I started up again with the Winter 2020 box and am pretty happy with my item selection.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.

FabFitFun is a women's lifestyle box that ships quarterly. You can sign up for a seasonal or annual subscription and are able to choose specific items each box, depending on your subscription type (annual members get to choose more items than seasonal).

I signed up for a monthly membership for now, but may upgrade to annual if the next few boxes are good. Here are their pricing options:

  • Seasonal: $49.99 per quarter
  • Annual: $179.99 per year (four boxes) 

Annual members have access to the item selection period sooner than seasonal members and their boxes ship first. You'll also be able to choose items from five or so categories per month, as opposed to seasonal, who get to choose from around three.

I received eight items in my Winter box, plus a bonus item and an add-on that I paid extra for. The first item is the eparé Cutting Boards ($19.99). They're thin cutting boards that are 11" x 14" and dishwasher safe. I cook often and had two separate cutting boards (one for veggies, one for meats), but I like having more options now for poultry, beef, and seafood.

  • Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Purifying Cleanser ($36): I have a lot of cleaners already, but Dr. Brandt is a great brand and I know I'll use this eventually. It has salicylic acid, which is a must-have ingredient for my oily skin, plus tea tree oil and white willow bark.
  • Kate Spade New York Workout Socks ($24): These are listed as for barre workouts but the textured bottoms are also great for yoga. I like the top opening, too, for keeping feet from getting overheated.
  • Paradox Lucky Stars Blemish Patches ($18): These were chosen for me by FFF, and they're a good fit. I've been using blemish patches recently and they work surprisingly well. This brand is new to me and I'm interested to see if they work as well as others I've tried. These are black stars though, so definitely for wearing overnight or when I'm staying home all day.
  • Mobile White Advanced Teeth Whitening Kit ($89.99): This was my hero item of the quarter. I've been wanting to whiten my teeth, so this option came around at the perfect time. The unit hooks up to your phone and emits a blue light along with a gel whitening solution. The box came with enough for nine days, and refills are $14.99. I did notice a difference in the whiteness of my teeth, but I'll definitely have to purchase refills to achieve the whiteness level that I want.
  • Daily Concepts Daily Facial Dry Brush ($20): This was picked for me by FFF. I've never used a dry brush before and I didn't really know what to do with it. It's called a dry brush for a reason and is not meant to get wet. It provides lymphatic massage to your skin and helps stimulate circulation and reduce puffiness. I haven't tried it yet because I keep forgetting to use it!
  • Huangjisoo Pure Perfect Cleansing Oil ($32): This was an add-on item. The way add-ons work is you'll have a few days to shop extra items from the FFF shop at discounted prices. You can add as many to your box as you'd like. I believe this cost me $11. I double cleanse, and this cleansing oil is a great and gentle first cleanse.
  • Lucky Brand Solid Brushed Scarf ($69.50): I chose this item but it wasn't my first choice. There were skincare items in the category that I wanted more but they were sold out by the time seasonal subscribers got to choose. It's a very nice and warm scarf, I just don't feel that it's worth $69.50. I could find something similar for $20 or less.
  • Phase Zero Makeup Making Moves Blusher ($28.50): This item was chosen by FFF. This blush is so beautiful! It's a nice peachy-pink and has the perfect amount of shimmer. I think this would be universally flattering for all skin tones.

The total retail value of my Winter 2020 FabFitFun box was $305.98, not including the Huangjisoo cleanser add-on. Although I know I could find less-expensive duplicates for some of these items, I still think the overall value I got for only $49.99 was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.