Friday, March 1, 2013

February The Goodies Company Review

A few months ago I signed up to be a part of the beta for The Goodies Company, and I got my invitation in January.  Due to high demand, I didn't get my first box until this past month of February.  Goodies Co. is a $7 a month subscription service owned by Wal-Mart that will deliver a box of 5-8 snacks to your door.


I was definitely excited to receive my box because I love trying new snacks, and $7 a month is a really affordable price (shipping included).  I didn't stay subscribed because I only wanted to try one box, but maybe when they're out of beta I'll consider signing up again.



Watch my unboxing video above, with my opinions on the items below:

  • Enjoy Life Plentils - I loved these chips!  The flavor was "Margherita Pizza," which I had a feeling I was going to really enjoy.  The texture is light and airy -- they reminded me of rice cake snacks.
  • Peanut Butter Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and Smooth Operator - These are the only two items that I didn't end up trying.  I gave them to my dad to use since he takes sandwiches to work more often than I do.  But just judging by their ingredients and flavors, I have a feeling they were delicious.
  • J.D.'s Cheddar Bacon Pop - I really wanted to like this because I love all things bacon but it just didn't taste that great to me.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't taste like bacon.  I probably wouldn't buy this again.
  • Wai Lana Fruit & Nut Bar - The flavor was "Nana Banana" and it was surprisingly good.  I'm not the hugest fan of banana and in the past I haven't cared too much for gluten-free, vegan bars such as these, but I took it to work and ate it for breakfast one day and enjoyed it.  The balance of fruit flavor and nuts was just right, and since it contains real fruit it didn't taste like that awful fake banana flavor that I hate.  The bars are also non-GMO and dairy-free.
  • SnackWells Yogurt Pretzels - This 100 calorie pack was really yummy.  I generally stay away from 100 calorie packs because they aren't the best for you (better to get a snack that's actually going to have a positive effect on your satiety), but I can't deny that these tasted delicious.
  • Chips Ahoy! With Reese's - I split this pack with my boyfriend and we both loved them.  They're soft cookies with chunks of Reese's Cups and chocolate, and although I usually prefer harder cookies I did like these a lot.



What I liked most about this box was that it contained a good mixture of brands that I haven't heard of before with brands you could easily find at the store.  My favorites were the Wai Lana bar and Plentils, and I definitely want to see if I can find them at my local grocery store.  Another great thing about The Goodies Company is that you can review each product you get on their website to earn points that are redeemable for rewards, as well as purchase full-sized products from their shop.

Bottom Line: If you want to try a food subscription, The Goodies Company (or Goodies Co.) is a great place to start because it's so affordable.  Check out their website for more information and to request an invite.

*Disclaimer: I purchased this box and was not asked to review it.  I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.