Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sock Panda Review

I first learned of Sock Panda through the blogosphere, and when SubscriptionBoxes.com offered a coupon for a free trial I figured it would be fun to see what they had to offer.  Sock Panda, which was founded in 2011, sends you a package of fun socks each month for $11 per pair (this charge includes tax and shipping).


Sock Panda gives you the option of choosing Bold or Cool socks, or both.  I decided to try one pair of each since I only had to pay shipping on them (this bundle cost me $6 total).  I was really happy with the shipment, and I thought that the pink panda socks were especially adorable.  I'm not sure which one is which, but I assume that the Bold socks are the ones with the dog on them and the Cool ones are the pandas.


I also really liked the Sock Panda packaging.  The mailer is cute and colorful, just like the socks.  Shipping was super fast, especially considering I'm in New York and the socks ship from Venice, California.  I actually received these back in September so I can't remember exactly how fast it was, but I don't think it was more than three or four days.


The panda socks are by Greenology and are made from organic cotton, which I thought was really great and right up my alley.  The dog socks, by Davco New York, aren't quite my style, but the material they're made from is incredibly soft.  You don't get to choose which patterns you'll receive, but I think that's the fun of this subscription.

Ultimately, I cancelled after this first shipment.  Sock Panda falls into the category of "I really want to stay subscribed because it's fun, but I can't justify spending the money on it."  These socks are cute, but the only place I would wear them is around the house and I don't really need a monthly shipment of them.  I think this would definitely be a fun subscription to gift to someone, though!

Bottom Line: If you're into crazy socks, Sock Panda is a unique subscription service that definitely delivers on their promise.  I wish I had more opportunities to wear them, because I think it would be a lot of fun to see what patterns they'd send!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.