Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Scent Trunk Review

I used to dislike getting perfume samples from subscription boxes, but then I started focusing on finding scents that I liked and realized there are so many out there that I want to try! Scent Trunk is a great perfume subscription because they send perfumes that aren't so common and are customized to your preferences.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Scent Trunk costs $18 per month for three perfumes (6 mL each) customized to your scent profile. They have men's and women's options. They currently ship to the U.S. and Canada.

I like woody and spicy scents so I made sure those notes were prominent in my scent profile. When you first sign up you'll take a quiz to determine your preferences, but you can change them at any time by using a sliding scale on your account page. Here's what mine looked like for this box:


I was very happy with all three of the perfumes that Scent Trunk sent me! I love that you can switch up your preferences and based on this box, I think they do a very good job of matching perfumes up to your profile.


How You Love by Jazmin Sarai starts off with a hint of soothing, herbal cardamom and sunny grapefruit, with a heart of Moroccan rose and Indian jasmine. This is my favorite perfume of the bunch. It smelled absolutely amazing once it melded with my skin chemistry. It was the perfect balance of spice and warmth!


Pavane No. 1 by Gwendolyn Marie combines sweet lychee fruit, fig, orange blossom, and fresh cut grass. It's inspired by Gabriel Faure's Pavane in F-sharp minor, Op. 50. At first spritz I wasn't sold, but the middle and base notes are amazing!


I expected Coconut Sugar by Note Fragrances to be my favorite, but it ended up being too sweet. The top notes are kiwi and peach, the middle notes are coconut milk and freesia, and the base is white musk and vanilla bean. I've never cared for freesia, so I think that's why I didn't like this as much as I thought I would.

Bottom Line: I thought my first Scent Trunk box was fantastic. I actually cancelled after this box because I only wanted to try one, but if I had a bigger budget for subscription boxes I would definitely stay subscribed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.