Saturday, June 18, 2016

June Play! by Sephora Review

June marks my second month of being a Play! by Sephora subscriber and I'm still crazy excited about this box! This may be my new favorite subscription overall...

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Play! by Sephora is a new-ish beauty box that costs $10 a month with free shipping. Tax is $.80 more if you live in New York state like me, and probably for California, too.

If you're familiar with the subscription box world then I'm sure you already know this, but for those who don't, this box has a wait list. Enter your email here and keep your fingers crossed that you'll get an email saying a slot has opened up for you. I was on the wait list for months before I got that email. You can also check back from time to time and just enter your email to see if an opening has been created.


As you can probably guess, all of the products are beauty samples of items you can purchase full-sized versions of at Sephora. I'm a VIB and am always looking to spend too much money in that store, so this box is a win-win for both me and Sephora (probably more for Sephora). Like I said, this is only my second box, but so far I've been very impressed by the quality of items they send out. If you're more into high end brands, then you really can't beat this box at only $10.


This month's theme was The Minimalists, and all of the products were tailored around a low-maintenance look for summer.
  • Tocca Florence - I like Tocca's perfumes as a whole, but this scent isn't for me. It has notes of bergamot, violet petals, and blonde wood. It's too floral for me but is perfect for summer and someone who likes florals.
  • benefit They're Real! Mascara - I love this mascara! It actually works really well for me and I like the shape of the brush (it has a sphere at the end to help you reach all of your lashes). I already have a full-sized tube, though, so I posted this for swap.
  • Bumble & Bumble Don't Blow It - I'm obsessed with B&B products and this one is new to me. It's a creme that's meant to be added to fine or medium hair when air drying. Now I know why I haven't ever heard of this before--I have thick AF hair and never air dry it. I'm still willing to give this a try, though.
  • Bare Minerals bareSkin Bronzer - This is a liquid bronzer that can be worn alone or over foundation. I've never used a liquid bronzer before so I'm curious to try this out. I don't have the special brush that Bare Minerals makes for their liquid products but I'll just use my fingers and my mini beautyblender instead.
  • Tarte TarteGuard 30 Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - I didn't know Tarte made sunscreens so I'm so glad this was in the box! I've been looking for a lightweight SPF to use on my face and I think this will be perfect.
  • Becca Backlight Priming Filter - Ooh, I love this! I don't own any Becca products but I've been hearing a lot of buzz about them recently. I used this last night and it made my skin look so luminous and wonderful. It's a primer, but it's special in that it helps blur imperfections and give your skin a soft-focus look.
This month's box was really good! Even though the perfume wasn't my style, I still liked everything and found some new products to try and fall in love with and burn more money on! I didn't use my Play! pass last month but I think I will this month because I have to restock on some things (you get 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any purchase when you use it) and I'd like to get a tutorial on how to use the Bare Minerals and Becca products. I think I'm using them fine, but any helpful hints can't hurt!

Bottom Line: My second Play! by Sephora box was wonderful and I can't wait to see what's in store for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.