Sunday, October 2, 2016

September Play! by Sephora Review

My Play! by Sephora review is late again this month, but I still wanted to share my thoughts about the box. September's theme was "The Unbasic Basics," and when I saw the spoilers for it I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Basics can be pretty boring, but this box turned out to be pretty good!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Play! by Sephora costs $10 per month for deluxe samples of products available at Sephora. I've really enjoyed these boxes, as they give me access to higher-end products that I normally wouldn't buy. Subscriptions are still on a wait list, but be sure to sign up if you haven't already because it seems like they've been opening up subscriptions more often lately.


Last month's box was just okay to me, so I was hoping this one would be more exciting. I was much happier with this month's samples and I felt there was a really good variety. Here's what was inside:
  • Atelier Cologne Sud Magnolia - Atelier Cologne makes my favorite perfume (Vanille Insensee), but I wasn't sure if I'd like this one because I generally don't like florals. This isn't in-your-face floral-y, though, so I actually liked it quite a bit. It has notes of bitter orange, pomelo, blackcurrent, magnolia, Bulgarian rose, saffron, cedarwood, sandalwood, and musk. I think the woodsy base notes were what attracted me to this.
  • Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - This is an oil-free moisturizer that's really light and silky. I love the texture and the way it feels on my skin! It works to soften, brighten, and even out skin tone.
  • Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in Love Spell - The shade is a cool pink (see photo below) and looks flattering, but I have so many lip products already that I posted this for swap instead of trying it. The formula is supposed to be moisturizing and creamy.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel - I wouldn't purchase a brow gel because I feel like it's non-essential, but I am happy to receive one in a box because I'll still use it. This is nice and lightweight and holds brows in place without feeling too sticky or rigid.
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - I love Kat Von D's products but I've never used the Tattoo Liner. I've heard great things about it though, and it's waterproof with a brush tip. I haven't used it yet since I save liquid liner for special occasions, but I'm excited to try it.
  • Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector - Living Proof is another favorite brand of mine, and this solution gives a full week of softness and shine. I've used it once and it definitely made my hair feel softer, but I wouldn't say it lasted for a whole week.
Bottom Line: This month's Play! box featured some brands I love, plus had some new products that I really enjoyed. The only downside is that the full-sized versions are pricey, but at least I get to try them through the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.