Sunday, January 27, 2019

Cubs Convention 2019

This post is a little different than what I usually write, but I like to share my travel experiences from time to time. I am a huge Chicago Cubs fan, and this year I decided to finally make the trek to Cubs Convention at the Sheraton Grand Chicago.


Cubs Convention, or Cubs Con as I will refer to it henceforth, is a fan festival held every January. It's a great way to get pumped for the upcoming season and hear stories from players and the front office. They have discussion panels, autograph sessions, vendors, and other events going on throughout four floors of the hotel.


As you could probably guess, it's absolutely packed with Cubs fans. I flew in from Rochester, NY so I booked a room right in the Sheraton (which I highly recommend you do -- it was nice to have a room right there to escape too when it got too busy). There's a lot going on, but I was able to watch all of the panels I wanted to see and even got to meet one of my favorite players!

Left to Right: Javier Báez, Willson Contreras, Kris Bryant, Ben Zobrist

L to R: Daniel Descalso, Albert Almora Jr., Ian Happ

The panels were my favorite part of the Con. I'm not an autograph hunter; I'd much rather hear from the players and staff and take those memories with me. There were several with different topics ranging from the Baseball Operations update to interviews with the players about their off the field hobbies, and during each fans were given the opportunity to ask questions.

Cubs Con was a whirlwind three day event and I'm glad I was able to attend. You can read more about the event and what I did at my post at Cubs Den.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.