Monday, July 1, 2019

May and June Allure Beauty Box Review

I decided to subscribe to Allure Beauty Box because they ran a promotion for a free full-sized Oribe product with a subscription. I haven't yet received the Oribe (it's shipping separately), but I did get my May and June boxes.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


Allure Beauty Box costs $15 per month for $50 to $90 worth of editor-tested beauty picks. New subscribers will get a bonus gift (mine is the Oribe) and their first box for $10.

Boxes contain deluxe samples and full-sized products with a mini-magazine full of tips and step-by-step tutorials for the featured products. Everything also comes in a reusable pouch.

I received my June box before May, so I figured I'd review both of them in one post.


The May box had seven products inside. I'm not a huge fan of the pouches because a few are nice to save for travel, but beyond that, what am I supposed to do with them? I wish boxes would stop sending extra bags and pouches. Either way, I guess I'll see if they're recyclable.

  • St. Tropez Self Tan Purity Bronzing Water Gel and Tan Applicator Mitt - Subscribers received either the Water Gel or the Self Tan Purity Bronzing Water Face Mist. The water gel is an interesting product: it's a liquid-y gel that glides over skin and absorbs quickly. I'm going to give it a try on my arms and legs.
  • LaRitzy Lip Gloss in Vibe - This lip gloss is a pale pink that doesn't work well with my skin tone. Granted, I didn't swatch it, but regardless I have so many lip products that I didn't want to even open this one (that way I could swap it).
  •  Lué by Jean Seo Erase Cleansing, Exfoliating, and Brightening Powder - I'm usually not a fan of powder cleansers (too much of a mess), but this one is nice. It's made with milk powder and oats and when mixed with water becomes a soft paste that unclogs pores and leaves skin feeling soft. My skin felt smooth and clean after using this
  • Amore Pacific Youth Revolution Mask - This is one of four Amore Pacific products subscribers could have received, and I'm glad I got this one. I love Amore Pacific but they're out of my price range, so the only time I get to use them is when I get a sample. This mask is an overnight cream that brightens skin.
  • Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream - I've used this moisturizer before and it's so nice for summer. It's super light but moisturizes well, with ceramides and sodium hyaluronate to plump skin.
  • Model Co. Eyelites Metallic Eyeshadow in St. Barts - I love this shadow! I'm all for shimmery neutrals/Earth tones. The shade is a bronzy champagne cream that applies easily and smoothly and dries quickly.


 The June box had another great assortment, with six products total. This month's pouch was a neon green.

  •  The BrowGal Eyebrow Pencil - This is a full-sized product that retails for $23. I overplucked my eyebrows in high school and am still trying to grow them in, but I need a lot of help in the meantime so I always use brow pencils. This one is great, with a brush on one end and a cap with a sharpener on the other, and it has the perfect consistency to leave natural looking color. Although it works really well, I can't say I'd repurchase for that price, considering I've found similar products for around $5.
  • Context Vitamin C All Day Eye Cream - I just ran out of eye cream so this full-sized one came at the perfect time! It retails for $35 and has a gel consistency, despite the "cream" in the name. I really like the cooling sensation it gives when dabbing it under my eyes.
  • Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water - Okay, I've never understood the hype behind this product. It's literally a spray can of water. It's thermal spring water from Avene, France, but still -- it's water. I do like these for travel or refreshing my skin in the summer time, but I'd never buy one.
  •  Floss My New Favorite Lip Gloss - This gloss has a thin, lightweight formula (according to the info booklet), but I haven't tried it. It looks like a high quality product, but I have so many lip products already that I think I'll pass this one on to a friend.
  • Moroccanoil Treatment - This oil is perfect for my hair. It's silicone-based so it doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down or greasy. It has a great scent (warm and spicy) and hydrates my hair and leaves it feeling smooth and soft after blowdrying.
  • SGX The Do-It-All 3-in-1 Dry Texture Spray - I was really excited to try this spray because I used texture sprays all the time and a full-sized can costs only $7, but unfortunately it wasn't quite what I'm looking for. It deposits a lot of product per spray and it ended up being too much for my hair.

Bottom Line: I'm pretty happy with the May and June Allure Beauty Boxes! I'll be able to use most of the products and they sent a lot that were perfect for my needs. I especially love the Moroccanoil and Amore Pacific mask. Hopefully my full-sized Oribe arrives soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.