Friday, January 3, 2020

Birchbox Skincare Fundamentals Kit Review

I travel a few times a year and I was getting low on my samples, so I purchased the Skincare Fundamentals Kit from Birchbox. I think it's an amazing deal and has everything I need for on-the-go skincare.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


This kit contains favorites for each step of your routine to cleanse, treat, moisturize, and protect. It costs only $22, which I think is a great price for a Birchbox kit (they're usually priced around $30 or higher). I even got this during a sale so it cost me round $15.


The Skincare Fundamentals Kit comes with 12 samples packaged in a travel-friendly clear plastic pouch (with a zippered top). You could honestly throw this whole thing in your carry-on and be all set for travel!

This kit caught my eye because there were a few specific products I wanted to try, plus some from brands I already knew I loved.

  • HUM Nutrition Glow Sweet Glow Gummies: This is a bonus item. The supplements boost skin's moisture levels with hyaluronic acid and Vitamins C and E. The packet had two gummies that were heart shaped. They're also vegan.
  • Sweet Chef Kale +Vitamin B Fresh Pressed Sheet Mask: Do I like kale? Hard no. Do I like sheet masks? Very much, yes. This one hydrates and protects skin and has no parabens or mineral oils.
  • Marcelle Micellar Water - Normal Skin: This micellar water removes makeup, tones, and cleanses with a calming, all-in-one formula. This is an especially handy item for travel since it accomplishes so much in one product.
  • Vasanti Brighten Up! Exfoliator: I've used this before and I really like it. It helps reduce dullness and wrinkles with papaya, microcrystals, and aloe.
  •  Kieh's Ultra Facial Cream: I love Kiehl's products! Their creams are always so decadent and are decently priced. This hydrates for a full 24 hours without feeling greasy or heavy.
  • Air Repair Super Hydrating Eye Cream: This potent cream reduces undereye puffiness, fine lines, and dark circles.
  • GLAMGLOW SUPERTONER Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner: I honestly bought this kit specifically for this product. I've seen it around Sephora but at $42, it's quite pricey to buy before trying. It has alpha hydroxy acids to exfoliate, charcoal to detoxify, and witch hazel to refresh. It has a licorice scent like the Supercleanse, which isn't my favorite. Overall I think this is nice, but since toners are on your skin for such a short amount of time, I don't think I'd buy a full-sized bottle.
  •  Coola Dawn Patrol Classic Primer SPF 30: COOLA makes sunscreen products and this one has SPF to prep skin for makeup and protect against UV rays.
  • Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser: I've used this cleanser before too and it's very nice. It's made with grapefruit to prevent future blemishes.
  • Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips: This balm is for hydrating anywhere and soothes sunburns, tames brows, and nourishes cuticles. It's a nice, thick balm that provides deep hydration.
  • Real Chemistry Environmental Rescue Daily Serum: This is not a full-sized bottle, but it's a pretty decent size at .5 fl oz (the size of some full-sized serums on the market). It has antioxidants that help diminish fine lines and improve elasticity. The formula feels a bit sticky to me and takes a minute or two to really absorb into skin, but I've had good results with other Real Chemistry products so I think this will work well, too.
  •  Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil: This face oil has Vitamin C to brighten and golden turmeric to boost radiance. I've never used Sunday Riley before, but I know they make excellent skincare so I'm excited to try this.
Bottom Line: I think the Skincare Fundamentals Kit from Birchbox is a great way to try out new brands and skincare products. I think you'll definitely find some new favorites and you can't beat the price of only $22.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.