Saturday, November 12, 2022

Winter 2022 FabFitFun Review and Coupon

I am always excited when selection time comes around for FabFitFun, and since I'm an annual member I get to choose my products before other seasonal members. The annual subscription has been well worth it for me, since you get to pick something for every category. Keep reading to see what I got in my Winter box!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


FabFitFun is a lifestyle subscription where members can choose which items they want to receive from six different categories each quarter. Seasonal subscribers can choose from four of the categories and annual subscribes get to choose from all six. 

I subscribe annually, which costs $219.99 per year. Seasonal (or quarterly) subscriptions are $59.99 every three months. You can upgrade to an annual subscription from seasonal at any time.


I decided to get an annual subscription because I liked being able to choose for every category and being able to choose my items before seasonal members. I found that sometimes items would sell out before the seasonal selection even began (annual members get to select first). In my opinion, the subscription isn't really "worth it" at the seasonal level, unless you're okay with surprises and/or items you may not end up using.


The selection for the Winter 2022 box was pretty good. I've seen some subscribers express annoyance with the lack of quality or variety of items, but so far I've really liked my past three boxes. I think FabFitFun does a good job of featuring different types of products and brands.


All subscribes have access to Add-On, Box Boost, and reFill sales prior to receiving their box. I shopped the Add-On and reFills this quarter, so these items are ones for which I paid extra.
  • Mytagalongs Keep It Cool Armband (retail: $24) - This was part of the Add-On sale for $9. I've been needing a new phone holder for when I go jogging and I liked that this one had extra pockets for keys, a lip balm, etc. I thought I had chosen the gray pattern but I received this black and pink snake pattern instead. It's fine, nothing that I dislike so much that I would try to return or exchange.
  • IGK Hair Legendary Shampoo and Conditioner ($62) - I was very excited to see this shampoo and conditioner duo available in the reFills shop, as it's my favorite and was available at a huge discount of $21.60 for both! They normally retail for $31 each. reFills work exactly how they sound, which is that I will be charged each quarter and receive the same item (until I choose to unsubscribe from that reFill).


Now on to the items that were included for the Winter 2022 selection:
  • Aceology Lifting Treatment Mask ($69) - This mask is way more expensive than anything I would purchase on my own, so I'm interested to try it. It has peptides, adenosine, bitter orange, and green purslane to lift and brighten the complexion. Adenosine is an interesting ingredient, as it's part of RNA and usually used to treat irregular heartbeat. I'm not quite sure how it works as far as skincare goes.
  • Vike Beauty Makeup Melt and Aria Beauty Reusable Makeup Swabs Bundle ($24) - These two items were part of a set, so you had to choose both or none. I double cleanse and always need a good makeup melt for my first cleanse, and the Vike Beauty one is unique because it comes in spray form (usually I use creams). I also like the Reusable Makeup Swabs and will use them for lip treatments and more concentrated products, like undereye cream. 

  • Laneige Lip Treatment Balm ($25) - I already have a jar of this but it's my favorite lip balm so I was happy to get another. To be honest, the other items in the category were not great, so I was thankful there was at least one item I wanted. While pricey, this balm is well worth it. It's the only one I've used that has thoroughly soothed my lips and kept them moisturized for hours.
  • Herbivore Aquarius Pore Purifying Clarity Cream ($44) - I have the Herbivore blue tansy mask and oil so adding the Aquarius cream to the rotation seemed like a good idea. This also features their blue tansy oil and white willow bark to help soothe congested, oily skin (which I have).

  • FILA Flexible Back Stretcher ($50) - This might be one of the less-popular selections but I really like it. I've had back pain issues since childhood when I fractured my tailbone and this stretcher provides a good stretch and massage with the acupressure points. It's less intense than a yoga wheel but I could still hear my back giving a little crack when I used it. It has three levels of elevation and also can be attached to your chair.

  • Unhide Pillow in Silver Fox ($55) - This was the item I was most excited for that ended up being the first thing I've gotten from FabFitFun that was a disappointment. I've heard a ton about the popular Unhide Lil' Marshmallow blanket and I love soft, fluffy things, so I immediately picked this pillow. I knew it was small (think decorative throw size, 10" x 18"), but in the photos on the FabFitFun and Unhide websites it looked fluffy. Unfortunately it ended up being rather flat and, although it's soft, nothing special. I'm glad I didn't pay full retail for it.

The total retail value for my Winter 2022 FabFitFun box is $267, which is more than the cost of the entire annual subscription. While it could be argued that I could find similar items for cheaper prices, I'm happy with the box and always like fun of picking out my items each quarter.

Bottom Line: FabFitFun is my favorite lifestyle subscription and I look forward to what will be offered each quarter. Even though the Unhide pillow ended up being a bit disappointing, the rest of the items will be put to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.