This packaging is so beautiful this month! I rearranged the confetti snowflakes, but you get the idea. The care that Christine, the owner, puts in to each month's box is so evident and I really appreciate her attention to detail. All of the products were packaged in the dark blue velvet bag.
It's like Christmas every month, it really is! The first thing I noticed was the Kelapo Coconut Oil. I thought, "oh no, not more coconut oil!" I actually received the same exact sample in my January Conscious Box, and also got a different brand in my Eco Emi bonus box. But that's okay, now I know a few more ways that I can use it so I'll definitely put it to good use (thanks to Susan S for the suggestion of using it as a lip balm!).
More photos and information about the items, as always, behind the "Read More" :)
So here we have:
- Deep Steep Honeydew Spearmint Body Lotion: If you recall, I recently wrote a review for Deep Steep's body butter and body wash and they were heavenly! I was really excited to get a body lotion sample in this month's box. The only issue I have is that I don't like those little packets because I have to find a place to stand them upright until I use them up. I suppose that's not a huge deal, though.
- biokleen Grapefruit Seed and Orange Peel Liquid Laundry Detergent: This is the second or third laundry detergent sample I've gotten from my eco-friendly subscription services, and while it's kind of a "boring" product, I definitely use them. I much prefer using green laundry soaps, and God knows I have plenty of laundry to do each week!
- J.R. Watkins Lip Tint: I love lip products! The lip tint I received was in the shade "Simply Mauve-Laus." I have a swatch of it at the end of this entry. The color is very faint, but it has peppermint oil in it so it leaves that wonderful tingly sensation that I love.
I already mentioned the Kelapo, but the other product here is the:
- Merry Hempsters Endangered Species Lip Balm: I received the Polar Bear Vanilla flavor. I really liked that these came with a mini-pamphlet with information about the endangered species on the tube. I would prefer a stronger vanilla scent on this balm, but it goes on smoothly and feels nice on my lips. Plus, who doesn't love polar bears?
These next two products are the ones I was most happy to receive!
- Tru Roots Organic Sprouted Quinoa: I have never cooked or eaten quinoa before, but I keep hearing wonderful things about it. I love couscous, and quinoa reminds me of couscous so I'm really interested to try it. I'm going to have to look up some recipes to use it in.
- Dr. Clean Green Organic Hand Purifier: This is my favorite January product! I was surprised to find that it's got the consistency more similar to a lotion than a traditional hand sanitizer, which is a welcome change. I use antibacterials at work and they leave my skin feeling so dry. This one kills the germs, moisturizes, and smells amazing. It has a spicy, cinnamon-like scent and I'm just in love with it. I keep smelling my hands like a weirdo!
And last, but not least:
- TeaGschwendner Teas: Brands like these make me happy that I'm a blogger and not a vlogger, because I'm sure I would butcher the name "Gschwender." These two loose teas are the Acerola Fruit Tea and the Marani Green Tea, and they came with two bags to steep in (the gauze-like thing at the top of the photo). I haven't tried either yet, but I'm really interested to see how the Acerola tastes. The colors are just beautiful, so I'm hoping it tastes just as lovely.
- Organic Eyeliner by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques: Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques has shown up in a few Eco Emi boxes to date, but I don't mind because I love their products. This eyeliner is the shade black/brown, and it glides on super smoothly. I used it this morning and was very pleased with how easy it was to apply! Since it has brown in it, it was less harsh looking than the usual kohl black I use.
Bottom Line: I am an Eco Emi subscriber for life! I have been wowed by every single box I've ever gotten, and I'm so excited to get more. I'm especially excited for February, because it's their one-year anniversary box.
- Grab a subscription for Eco Emi today (or just check it out and learn more about them)! They're closed as I write this, but are opening up again tomorrow (February 1st).
- Connect with them on Facebook and Twitter
|J.R. Watkins swatch -- you can click to enlarge.|
|The description card|
*Disclaimer: I purchased this Eco Emi box with my own money. I was not asked to review it by Eco Emi nor was I monetarily compensated for the review, and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.