Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sindulge Review

I decided to try out Sindulge because I found a coupon for a box for a penny.  I fully intended to cancel after that one box, because I'm not really interested in signing up for any more subscription services for the long run, but I do like trying out new ones that I find.


I didn't find anything special with this service that would convince me to stay subscribed.  It's not bad, but nothing spectacular.  One thing I did like is the cute packaging; the box that the samples come in looks like a mini purse.

So here's the Sindulge breakdown: for $12 a month, you get "hand picked luxury samples" and your very own beauty consultant.  I didn't utilize the consultant part of the service because I cancelled, but apparently you can work with that person to customize your samples even further.  I'm not really sure how much of that I believe.  One thing that really turned me off from Sindulge is that their "beauty profile" is a complete rip-off of Birchbox's.  The questions are virtually the same.  With so many beauty subscription companies out there, I found it very off-putting that they couldn't come up with something original for themselves and instead just copied the Birchbox survey.


The samples themselves aren't terrible.  The main reason why I don't stay subscribed to these services is because they all send too much skincare and not enough cosmetics.  I want colors!  I want eyeshadows, lip glosses, lipsticks, blushes...not more eye creams.  But anyway, here is what was in my box:

  • Indie Lee The Body Wash in Lemongrass Citrus - This smells really nice, and I'm going to enjoy using it.  I'm up to my ears in body washes already, though.
  • Youngblood Eye Impact - The last thing I want or need is an eye cream.
  • Youngblood Mineral Primer - This seems promising.  I've just recently started using primers, so I'm curious to see how well this works.  I like that Youngblood is cruelty-free, as well.
  • Youngblood Translucent Powder - Honestly, I'm not really sure what to do with this.  The sample is too small to really be worth using, and I feel like the "translucent" look is going to look terrible on my tan skin.
  • Pencil Me In Eye Accent Pencil in Denim - I've never used an eyeliner that was any color other than black, so this will be really fun to try.
Bottom Line: Overall, I would wait for Sindulge to acquire more brands before subscribing.  For the price, you're better off going with Birchbox (it's only $10, as compared to Sindulge's $12) and you'll get higher-end samples.

*Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not asked to review it. I was not compensated in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the information about this company. I'm still subscribed to cravebox only and one of the main reasons I'm sticking with it is for the mearedeso woman products. They have a new product line now too that I think I will like. If you and I were subscribed to the same subscriptions I'd send you the colors for the eye creams lol. I'm going to be the big 50 this year and for the past year I've tried every anti-aging product there is. None have made me look 20 yet but I'm not giving up that easily ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the Mereadesso Lip Treats that were in the last box, but that was the last Cravebox for me.

      Lol I'm sure you'll find the products you desire, it's so hard to choose since there are so many different ones out there!

      Delete
  2. i love your blog! it's so pretty~!!!

    ♡ whimsicalityindisguise.blogspot.com
    *** Join my International Street Style Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sindulge was such a let down, even though I liked the samples (and got makeup this month!). Really weird customer service. Thanks for your review.

    Cherise
    beautyunboxed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... the whole thing seemed a little sketchy to me.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.