I've only purchased one other Indie Gift Box, and it was the Holiday Box back in November. I was a bit displeased with it, but it was mostly my fault because I misunderstood how many items would be included in the box. The March box, however, was much better suited to my tastes.
This box cost me $25, including shipping (I think--it may have been slightly cheaper but I don't quite remember). It had five items total and one coupon.
- Ballyhoo Bath Carnival Twilight Soap - I love handmade soaps! I hoard them. This one is so pretty and it smells wonderful. According to their Etsy shop, the scent is a duplicate of Twilight Woods by Bath & Body Works (a combo of berries, musk, mimosa flowers, apricots, oak, and juniper). I'm familiar with the B&BW scent, and I like this one much better.
- Sweet Tea Apothecary Perfume - I received two cute little vials of "White Tea, Grapefruit, Saffron" and "Sandalwood, Honey, Saffron." I like the White Tea one better, but they both are very rich and true-to-scent.
- Bungalow Bath and Body Lotion and Lip Balm - My lotion scent is "Pink Bubblegum" and the lip balm is "Pink Frosted Cupcake." The lotion is absolutely perfect--it smells exactly like a gumball. It reminds me of my grandpa; he used to have a gumball machine and would give one to my brother and I when we went to visit him. The lip balm is also wonderfully sweet and absorbs into the skin well.
- Emily's Homestead Probiotic Deodorant - I had actually run out of deodorant when this packaged arrived, so it was perfect timing. Natural deodorants can be hit-or-miss, but I like this one. The main ingredients are cocoa butter, beeswax, and shea butter, along with a few others, and it's scented with essential oils of rosemary, peppermint, lavender, tea tree, and jasmine. The scent is nice and light and it worked well throughout the day for me.
- Evitchka Face Scrubbies - I was so confused by these when I opened my box; I thought that they were mini-pot holders! I haven't used them yet, but I really like the idea because I'm sure they give a nice and gentle exfoliation. They're so pretty, though, that I almost don't want to ruin them!
- Aura Sensory Coupon - The only coupon in the box is for 25% off at the shop. I took a quick look at their site and they do have quite a few natural bath and body items, so I may or may not put that to use.
I am much more pleased with this Indie Gift Box than I was with my previous one. The Holiday Box certainly wasn't bad, it just didn't suit my interests as well as this Squeaky Clean one did. What I also like about Indie Gift Box is you don't have to commit to a subscription--they have a certain number of boxes available, and if you want one it's just a one-time buy. Unfortunately, Erin (the owner) recently reported that Indie Gift Box will be closing after May, so if you want to give them a try, you have two months to do so! Unless, of course, someone else takes over--and I hope someone does, because it's a great way to highlight handmade products.
Check out more photos of my items after the "read more."