The Honest Company was founded by Jessica Alba and Christopher Gavigan, and they sell a range of household and beauty items that are free from harsh chemicals. It's not a typical subscription service because you don't have to sign up for bundle deliveries, but it is cheaper to buy a bundle of five products instead of buying them individually. I chose the Essentials bundle, and that means I can choose from any of their home or personal care items. They also offer a "Diapers & Wipes" and "Health & Wellness" bundle.
- Honest Healing Balm - This was in the sample bundle that I ordered and I loved it, so I knew I wanted to get a full-sized bottle. It's a very thick balm that's perfect for my overly-dry hands and feet, and a little goes a long way.
- Honest Sunscreen SPF 30 - This product is fairly new, and since I needed a new sunscreen for the summer I figured I'd give it a try. I went to the zoo this past weekend and used the sunscreen, and I have to say that I didn't like it. It's too thick and sticky and I wouldn't recommend it. I think I'll stick with my Badger sunscreen.
- Organic Body Oil - I'm all about moisturizing, so I was excited to try the body oil. It works really well and has a very faint scent. I don't have much to say about this other than that I really like it, but if you're not a fan of oils you're probably better off going with the lotion.
- Honest Face + Body Lotion - This was the only other product I sampled in my trial bundle that I decided to order a full size of. What I like best about this lotion is its texture--it's very silky and smooth. I haven't used it on my face (and won't), but it's great as a body lotion.
- Organic Lip Balm Trio - My final product choice was the trio of lip balms, which came in "Plain & Simple," "Sweet Orange Vanilla," and "Lavender Mint." I love lip balms and can never have too many, but these were just okay. They can't compare to some of my more favored organic lip balms, but they're still better than waxy Chapstick.
This bundle cost me $41.90 after shipping. It shipped from Pennsylvania and it got to me very quickly (only two days from their warehouse to my apartment) in New York, so I was happy about that. Overall I'm happy with this bundle, but I'm not scheduled for another until August and I'm not sure if I'll order another one. These products are decent, but I don't know if I like them enough to continue purchasing them when I can find them for comparable prices at stores near me.
If you're interested in trying The Honest Company I definitely recommend giving one of their free trial bundles a go (you just have to pay shipping). Just FYI that the products you'll receive are sample-sized, not full-sized; something I wish I had known before I ordered a trial.
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Post contains referral links.