If you're not familiar with Beauty Box 5, they're a subscription service that sends five deluxe samples and, and sometimes full-sized products, to your door for only $12 a month. Shipping is free to the U.S. and $3 to Canada. They also have a shop section of their website that sells full-sized version of the products the feature.
What I like most about Beauty Box 5 is that they send all types of different products, from color cosmetics to hair care to beauty tools. Here's what was inside this month's box:
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Vitamin E Body Wash (~$.90 for 1.7 fl oz) - I've never used products from the Softsoap brand, but I know it's popular and easily accessible. This body wash treats your skin to rich moisture and a fresh scent. The softening serum pearls contain Vitamin E to hydrate and Omegas three and six to help skin retain moisture. I think it smells sweet and floral.
- Hard Candy Kal-Eye-Descope Baked Eyeshadow ($6.00 for 4.5 g, full-sized) - The name of this duo is "Make Believe," and, as you can see, it's made up of a frosty light blue/silver shade and a deeper navy blue shade. These aren't colors I would ever think to wear because I usually stick to browns and golds, but they're certainly interesting!
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects French Mani ($9.99 for 16 strips, full-sized) - These are nail appliques for just the tips of your nails, which I think is a fun idea. The design I got is called "Gold Cabaret."
- Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo (~$.52 for 1.7 fl oz) - This is a shampoo for normal hair that strengthens with grapefruit antioxidants and proteins.
- Ultraflesh The Gold Standard Mascara in Blackout (~$.62 for .08 fl oz) - I received this once, a long time ago, in another subscription box that has since ceased to exist. I think the name of the brand is kind of creepy, but I do remember that this mascara worked quite well!
Bottom Line: This box has an approximate retail value of $18.04 and contained two full-sized products. I liked the assortment of items here a lot, even though some of the brands are ones I don't use. The curation for Beauty Box 5 is always great and they make it a point to include different types of products.
*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Beauty Box 5. Press samples received for review purposes.