Candy Adriatico is a new subscription that ships candy from Italy, Slovenia, and Croatia--the countries that make up the Adriatico Group. The candies are full-sized and deluxe samples and are handpicked, and each box will contain a mixture of items from all three countries. You can also choose to receive candies from only one country if you so choose.
Pricing is as follows, and international shipping is free with all subscriptions!
- Sweet Starfish Plan: $23.15/€20,7 per month for a month-to-month subscription
- Sweet Dolphin Jump Plan: $22.70/€20,3 per month for three months
- Sweet Shark Bite Plan: $22.00/€19,7 per month for nine months *subscribe to this plan and receive a special gift envelope containing a specific candy or snack, or a cute or useful item!
All boxes contain up to 500 g (17.64 oz) of candy and an original postcard.
The box ships in a medium-sized white box with the Candy Adriatico logo on the side. I received a shipment notice exactly a week ago and received the box on this past Monday, so it only took three days to get to me (I'm counting Saturday as well since it arrived via USPS). I think that's really fast for free international shipping!
January's box had a "Winter Time" theme and contained four full-sized products and one deluxe sample. I was really excited to see what would be inside because I've never really tried any candies from the Adriatic region. I also thought the personalized message was a cute touch!
The original postcard this month was from Slovenia, which is where Candy Adriatico's founder, Nadi, is from. She's from the city of Ljubljana. The back of the postcard contains a handwritten message from Nadi, which is a detail that I really appreciate.
- Gran Cereale Barretta Di Cereali (Italy) - This is a healthy cereal bar with almonds, cranberries, dried fruit, and cereals. It's not exactly candy, but I think it will still taste great as a breakfast on-the-go.
- Perugina Baci (Italy) - This is a full-sized Baci candy, but I considered it a "deluxe sample" because usually there is more than one in a package. I've seen these before but have never eaten one; it's white chocolate with hazelnuts--sounds delicious!
- Sumi FruFru Fruit Planet (Slovenia) - These cute little gummies are strawberry, lemon, and orange flavored. I love gummy candies, and the packaging on this is really cute, too.
- Gorenjka(Slovenia) - This is a thin chocolate bar with raisins and hazelnuts. I would have never have thought to put raisins in chocolate, but I'm very curious to try it.
- Mini Domaćica (Croatia) - I'm most excited to try these cookies! They look amazing. They're "tasty crumpets coated with chocolate."
It was difficult to find retail values for this box, so I didn't really research it too deeply. Regardless, I think this box is definitely worth the $26 monthly price, especially since the shipping is free and very fast.
- Visit Candy Adriatico to learn more and subscribe
- Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+
- If you subscribe to the 9-month Sweet Shark Bite Plan by January 31st, you'll get a special free box!
Bottom Line: I loved the first Candy Adriatico box! I think this subscription is a lot of fun and I'm interested to see what candies they'll include in the coming months.
*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Candy Adriatico. Press samples received for review purposes.