Saturday, November 21, 2015

November Birchbox Review

I really liked my Birchbox this month; the samples I got were well-tailored to my preferences and I even got a perfume that I've been wanting to try for a while!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


November's theme was "Feeling Fancy." I didn't love the color scheme, but the flower pattern on the box is really pretty.


I received five samples this month and, as I said before, I was really happy with the selection. I liked how balanced the types of products was, e.g. not all hair or skincare products. Here's what I got:
  • Juliette Has A Gun Gentlewoman - I've been wanting to try this since I learned about it through Scentbird, but they were out of stock when I requested it and then I cancelled my subscription. Anyway, this perfume is a masculine scent with notes of neroli, bergamot, lavender, and a musky base. On paper I thought this sounded perfect for me because I love spicy, masculine scents, but it was a little bit too flowery and not enough spicy for me.
  • amika Nourishing Mask - This is a leave-in mask to help hydrate damaged hair. I heat style daily so I like to keep masks like this around. I haven't tried it yet, but I've used other amika products that I've liked so I'm sure this will work well for me.
  • NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil - I love how pretty this little bottle is! This oil can be used to moisturize hair, face, and body. I'll probably use it mostly on my hair.
  • MAKE Face Gloss - I think this is basically a highlighter, but based on the description I'm not entirely sure. It supposed to give dull skin a "dewy, healthy radiance," but I have oily skin so I never really am looking for a "dewy" look. I posted this for swap.
  • LOC Complete Collection for Lips - Okay, this isn't the complete collection, it's just one lipstick, but that's what it's called on the Birchbox site. LOC (Love of Color) is their new brand made with YouTuber Tati Westbrook. I picked the color "Wildest Dreams" for sample selection and I love it! The formula is pretty creamy for a lipstick and it applies smoothly and evenly. This is the perfect bright red for holiday parties!
Bottom Line: I'm very happy with my box this month! I'll use every product except for the MAKE Face Gloss, and I especially love the LOC lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.