Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November Play! by Sephora Review

I'm not a fan of the vague themes that Play! by Sephora puts out every month, but I guess it's good because the products are always a surprise. This month's theme was "Best in Glow" and I was very interested to see what they'd include.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Play! by Sephora costs $10 per month with free shipping, and there's sales tax if you live in New York like me (bringing it to $10.80). I really like this box because they send high end samples of products that are all available at Sephora, plus you'll also get a Play! Pass that entitles you to a tutorial with the products and 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any  purchase.


I've noticed that every box recently has contained a perfume sample, so I think this will be a regular occurrence. I used to really hate perfume samples, and while they're still not my absolute favorite, I'm okay with getting them because I've been expanding my fragrance collection.
  • Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold - I like eyeshadow sticks because they're portable and convenient. This one is made with high-pigment shadow that glides on and blends in easily. The shade is more gold to me than rose gold, but it's still really pretty. I swatched it but didn't bother posting the photo in this review because it blended in with my natural skin color so you couldn't really tell what the color looked like.
  • Maison Margiela Replica in Lipstick On - This is an interesting perfume. It's definitely feminine and more for a night out. The notes are powdery and floral, which are normally not my favorites, but I don't dislike this. The bourbon vanilla, patchouli, and Tonka bean base notes ground it enough for me so that it isn't overly floral.
  • Cover FX Illuminating Primer - I've used Cover FX products before and they've worked really well for me. This primer is silicone-free and has a light-reflecting mineral complex to help eliminate dullness.
  • GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment - I've used this mask before and it's great for wintertime. It's a hydrating moisture mask that also smells really good.
  • Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink - I don't need any more lip glosses! This is a bright pink shade that isn't really my style, so I will probably post this for swap. I feel like it's more appropriate for a woman younger than me.
  • Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet - This gel cream softens skin and calms redness and congestion, which is great for my oily skin. It's made with organic grape water and grape seed polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants.
Bottom Line: These products perfectly fit the "Best in Glow" theme. I really liked the Laura Mercier eyeshadow stick and the GlamGlow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.