Saturday, August 11, 2018

August Target Beauty Box Review

I haven't purchased a Target Beauty Box in a while, but all of the products in the August box were ones I knew I'd use, and luckily they were still in stock when I went to purchase!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


The Target Beauty Box is exactly what it sounds like: a box of beauty samples put together and sold by Target. The box isn't a subscription and you have to purchase one each month online (only) if you want to receive one. They cost $7 with free shipping, and I had a few cents tacked on for New York state sales tax.


The boxes sell out pretty quickly, and honestly when I went to the Target site at 9 AM the day they were released I was surprised to see them still available. If you want a heads up for when they go on sale, sign up for the newsletter at My Subscription Addiction (if you're at my blog, you definitely know about MSA!).


I usually pass on the Target Beauty Boxes because they're fun, but for a while I had so many samples already that there was never anything in them that I felt I really needed. But the August box was a definite yes for me because it had a bunch of things I needed for my upcoming trip to the UK in October, all conveniently travel-sized. Well, except for the full-sized razor, but you know what I mean.

  • Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Soft Waves Tropical Banana Sea Salt Spray - I've used this before, not in the tropical banana scent, and it's a pretty good texture spray. My hair is too thick for it to create any waves on its own, but I like to spray this at my roots when my hair is damp and then blow dry for extra lift.
  • Schick Intuition F.A.B. - My best friend has been recommending this razor to me for a while so I was glad to see it in the box, especially since I'm sure they retail for more than $7 on their own. The F.A.B. stands for forwards and backwards, making shaving easier with a smooth glide.
  • Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes - I've been trying to use less one-use cleansing wipes lately to be more environmentally friendly, but this small pack will be great for refreshing on-the-go for my trip. I'm not against using them once in a while, and the seven count will be good for travel.
  •  Acure Brilliantly Brightening Day Cream - This moisturizer has a blend of CoQ10, gotu kola, and argan oil to fight dullness and even out skin tone. CoQ10 is an enzyme and antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage, and gotu kola is a plant native to Asian wetlands that can help with many things, including working as a skin-healing agent that's great for sensitive skin.
  • bliss Fab Foaming Face Wash - This is a two-in-one cleanser and exfoliator infused with flower botanicals and natural ingredients to relieve dryness and soothe skin.
  • Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Body Lotion - This is enriched with Vitamin E and shea butter to soften skin and replenish its natural moisture balance.
Each box also includes a $3 off coupon for a beauty purchase of $15 or more at Target.

Bottom Line: This was a great Target Beauty Box for me and I've already packed away the little samples for my trip! I'm also curious to start using the F.A.B. razor now and see how well it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.