Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September Conscious Box Review

My September Conscious Box took over a week to get to me this time, which made me really anxious because I love getting my monthly surprise in the mail.  There was a shipping delay, which is totally forgivable because I've never had a problem with their shipping otherwise.


The theme was "Embrace the Vitality," encouraging members to reinforce the balance in daily routines as summer transitions to fall.  This box wasn't my most favorite ever, but it still had some quality products that I enjoyed trying.


Now that Conscious Box also has a monthly vegan box, they wanted to cut down on the amount of paper they use, so they no longer include a card with all of the information about the items on it.  Although I completely understand the impetus behind this change, I don't really like it.  I would have preferred they stopped sending the postcards (this month's is of a mountain, in the center of the picture above) instead, because one of my favorite parts of opening my box was reading the details about each product.  They do still send an electronic list in the form of a survey, but it's just not the same to me.


Here's what I got, in clockwise order from top left in each photo (approximately):

  • Wild Rose Aromatherapy - This little packet contained two vials, a Wild Man Beard Conditioner and a Total Attunement Balancing Moisturizer.  I gave the beard conditioner to my boyfriend because, try as I might, I just can't grow a beard.  I love the moisturizer.  It has a really nice, earthy smell and it's a great dry oil.  I've been using it at night after cleansing for my face.
  • Primavera Hand & Nail Cream - I love this little sample!  It was the bonus item for the month, which can be earned in a few different ways (mostly through interactions on their Facebook page).  It's a .15 fl oz hand cream in the scent "ginger lime."  I love the texture of it and I wish I had more.
  • Barlean's Organic Oils Omega Swirl to Go - I am so nervous to try this because the words "fish oil" really freak me out.  It's supposedly a "great tasting" Mango Peach flavored Omega-3 Fish Oil supplement that you can drink on its own or with a smoothie, etc.  Okay, I just opened it and it doesn't smell bad at all.  Here we go...oh it's not bad!  It really just tastes like a mango smoothie, and mango is one of my favorite flavors.



  • Artisana Raw Cacao Bliss - I've had this before, I think I first sampled it through Eco-Emi.  It's a 100% organic raw chocolate coconut butter.  I'm still meaning to use my other coconut butters in my hair, but since this one is chocolate flavored I'm going to eat it!
  • Avalon Organics - These are a set of Bath & Shower Gel and Hand & Body Lotion (2 oz each), both in a Lavender scent.  They smell so nice and are Leaping Bunny certified as cruelty-free, and contain 70% organic content.  The lavender scent is so relaxing.



  • Jovial Einkhorn Pasta - I love me some pasta and I'm really interested to try this out.  It's 100% organic whole grain and is made from einkhorn, "the most ancient wheat."  I recently found an awesome diavolo sauce at the grocery store (Wegmans, anyone?) so I think I'm going to have to try it out on this.
  • Amazing Grass Amazing Meal - This is the Original Blend, and it's a powder that provides a "satisfying blend of protein and superfoods."  It's organic, gluten-free, raw, vegan, soy-free, dairy-free, and has no added sugar.  It's also USDA organic.  I'm not sure what it's going to taste like, but I'm willing to give it a try (mixed with water).
  • HealthForce SuperFoods Vitamineral Green - Here's the product that I would have liked to have had that info card the most for, because I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to use it.  It's another supplement, which I guess can just be mixed in with whatever you want to mix it with.



  • Joy's Teaspoon Loose Leaf Teas - I got a packet of Lemon Zest and Emperor's 7 Treasures, which I'm going to assume was the same as everyone else because that's usually how it goes.  I haven't tried these yet, but Emperor's 7 Treasures sounds especially interesting.
  • 100% Pure Body Creams - Two little packets, one with a Honey Almond scent and the other with Coconut.  I tried the Honey Almond and it was a little too much honey for me, but the texture was great and it really moisturized my dry skin.  The packet size is also perfect for one application on the arms and legs, which I really appreciate.  I hate when I have a packet of lotion and I only use half, because then the half-full packet just ends up sitting around because I forget about it.
  • Defend+ energy - This was another supplement that I actually did use.  It had a Berry flavor that I really enjoyed, and it seemed slightly effervescent (though I may have just imagined that part).
  • Warrior Meal (not pictured) - There was a $5 off coupon for a Warrior Meal in this box, which I'm pretty sure has been included in previous boxes too, but I didn't use the last one and I won't use this one because their products cost more than $5.  Sorry, I already spent $19 on the box, I would like to try your product if it's included in that price.  They couldn't include it, though, because it wouldn't stay fresh.

Bottom Line: Not my most favorite Conscious Box ever, but definitely not anything that would make me want to cancel.  I'm really looking forward to the next few months, because fall and winter are my favorite seasons and I'm excited to see what kind of goodies CB will include!

*Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not asked to review it.  I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

3 comments:

  1. Your reviews are spot on! I agree with you...this wasn't my favorite Conscious Box. I did love the 100% Pure Body Creams and the bonus Primavera lotion though. I would probably never drink the Amazing Meals without putting them in smoothies. Same with the Barlean's. You're more brave than I! I'm a little tea'd out too...seems we get a lot of tea samples in Conscious Box (plus others I subscribe to).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got a great variety of things! Which box do you subscribe to?? I just got my first one (the Classic version) and was a tad disappointed. I did the free trial ($7.95 shipping) and from what i've seen online i got the LEAST number of products in my box! I know it was a free box but still, not a good impression! If you're curious you can check out my blog for the unboxing on my blog :) (brokelifeblog.blogspot.com). Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was subscribed to the Classic box and I really loved it, but I'm not currently subscribed anymore because I wanted to try other services. I hope that your next box is much better, because in my experience CB was really great. I'm going to head over to your blog and check out your review now :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.