Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Birchbox Beauty In Bloom Limited Edition Review

Birchbox always has great limited edition boxes, and I like to let my Birchbox points add up for a few months in anticipation of a box being released that I really want. This year's Beauty in Bloom limited edition box ended up being the one!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


I can't remember exactly when this was released, but it was fairly recently and just in time for Mother's Day. It costs $64 and has a total retail value of $188, per the Birchbox website. It has 11 products inside, but they're not all full-sized.



This only cost me $18.32, thanks to my $40 in Birchbox points and a 25% off coupon (I think it was 25% off, anyway, the point is I got a great discount on this box). The box itself is beautiful and the products are great, but no, I wouldn't spend $64 for this.


When I purchase a limited edition box I make sure that I really am in love with a majority of the products. I saw a few reviews for this one around and I really liked what I saw, so I didn't hesitate too much to order it!

  • Umbra Prisma Tray - This beautiful tray is the main reason I wanted this box! It retails for $15, so it's not like I was getting some unattainable item at a great price in this box, but it's a beautiful tray and I love the design! I like that the bottom has a canvas-like bottom so all of the items you place on it stay in place. I'm using this to display my perfumes, which you can see on my Instagram.
  • Lollia Relax Shea Butter Handcreme - I love hand creams and always like to have one accessible at all times--one in my car, one at my desk at work, one in my bag...you get the idea. I haven't broken the seal on this one so I can't say exactly how it smells, but the info card says it has notes of lavender, Indian amber, and Tahitian vanilla. It sounds wonderful!
  • Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer in Hi-Speed Sonnet - How gorgeous is the packaging on this?! The color is a pretty pink that would be flattering on all skin tones, I think. The formula is kind of thick, so if you don't like sticky lip glosses this might not be for you, but I like it a lot and I think it feels pretty hydrating.
  • Darphin Intral Toner - This is a gentle, complexion-soothing formula that leaves skin calm and refreshed. Or so the info card says. I'm not quite sure about this one yet; I used it for a week and it seemed to make my skin break out more than usual. I'm not entirely sure if it was the toner's fault, but for now I switched back to using what I'd been using before.
  • Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist - I already had one of these when I got this box, but this spray is wonderful so I'll be saving it for when I run out of my current bottle. It's rose-scented and balances pH levels and refreshes skin. I like having this on hand in the summer to spray on when I start feeling sweaty (yeah, gross, but it happens!).
  • Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion - I was hoping that this hair oil had heat protection but I don't think that it does. Regardless, it leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth. I've been using this after I style my hair to tame flyaways and any residual frizz.
  • NEST Fragrances Grapefruit Classic Candle - This candle smells so good! It's a small votive and the scent throw isn't very far, but I still love it.
  • Laura Geller Beauty Baked Color True Blush - This is a nice pink tone that I think will work well with my skin. I haven't used it since I already have a ton of blushes to use up, but this one will be put to good use someday.
  • stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara - I wish I hadn't opened and used this because I hate it. It's basically stila's version of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, which I also hate. Both of them are way too clumpy and sticky. I know people swear by formulas like these, but I just have never enjoyed them.
  • Mally Eye-Amplifying Shadow Liner - I'm not sure if every box has the same shade, but mine is a metallic brown. It's more cool-toned so it doesn't look great against my skin tone. Another product I wish I hadn't opened and used, because I could have potentially swapped it.
  • NEST Fragrances Indigo Eau de Parfum - I looooooove this perfume! It's perfect for me. It has Moroccan tea and wild fig and is the perfect balance of sweet and warmth. I want to get a full-sized bottle!
Bottom Line: The mascara and eyeshadow pencil were a bust, but I enjoyed everything else in this box! I think it was an amazing value for $18, but maybe not so much for the full price of $64. But that's why I let my Birchbox points add up, so I can use it on boxes like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.