Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July Birchbox Review

I didn't choose a sample during sample choice this month, so this Birchbox was the first in a while where every sample would be a surprise to me. I always peek at what I'm getting ahead of time because I am impatient, and I was super excited to see I'd be getting an Oribe shampoo and conditioner!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


This month's theme as all about "beauty and breakfast," or something like that. Items to get you ready for the day. I've said this a million times before and I'll probably say it at least 10 more this year, but Birchbox's themes are weak at best. This one was no different.



I was bummed to find that the Oribe shampoo and conditioner were only foil packets. I know Oribe is an expensive brand, but I've gotten samples from them that are at least in tube (or other real) packaging. Overall, this box was good but not great.
  • Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Shine - I've used Oribe's shampoo and condition for Beautiful Color and I love it, so I was hoping I'd love this as much. I did not. It actually made my hair feel kind of coarse, which was surprising. I guess it's good the samples weren't bigger after all.
  • Balance Me Radiance Face Mask - This mask is pretty good. I usually get masks with some kind of clay in them from Birchbox, but that's on point because I have oily skin. This one smells nice and made my skin feel good after using it, but it wasn't anything spectacular.
  • My Daughter Bloom 23 - I don't like floral perfumes, but I was willing to give this one a chance because it had base notes of vanilla and wood. It's still way too floral for me and just isn't my style.
  • Dr. Jart+ Water Drop - This moisturizer has the weirdest texture! Straight out of the tube it looks like a primer, but then when applied it almost kind of...dissolves. Which, I guess, is apropos of the name. It's really nice and light and great for summer.
  • Supergoop! CC Cream - I think I've gotten this from Birchbox before and I don't like it. I just don't care for Supergoop!'s products in general, and the coloring of this doesn't fit my skin's undertones.
Bottom Line: This was a decent box. The Oribe samples were a bummer, but I liked pretty much everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.