Thursday, April 4, 2019

BUB Club Solar Box Review - Quarter Three

This is the third BUB Club box I've received and it will be my last for a while. The items inside were fun and high quality as always, but keep reading to see why I ultimately decided to cancel my subscription.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


The BUB Club box is a subscription from internet-famous cat Lil BUB. With each box purchased, you'll receive exclusive BUB merch and you'll also help contribute to pets in need!

The BUB Club box has has four subscription levels at the following prices:
  • Lil Box: $23 every three months for an exclusive 8" x 8" photo, sticker, postcard, and either a pin, button, magnet, or other accessory
  • Earth Box: $39 every three months for stationery, stickers, and accessories and a $5 credit to the BUB store
  • Solar Box: $59 every three months for all items from the Lil Box, some from the Earth box, and 2-3 exclusive themed gifts such as scarves, hats, shirts, or more and a $10 credit to the BUB store
  • Galactic Box: $115 every three months for some of the merch from the three previous tiers, a signed BUB photo, and a limited edition handmade item such as a necklace, tea cup, or more and a $15 credit to the BUB store
Shipping is free to the continental U.S. With each box, you'll also help donate money for special needs pets as follows:
  • Lil Box: Raises $1.50 per box for special needs pets and donates five bowls of food to homeless pets every quarter
  • Earth Box: Raises $5 every box for special needs pets and donates five bowls of food
  • Solar Box: Raises $10 for special needs pets and donates five bowls of food
  • Galactic Box: Raises $15 for special needs pets and donates 10 bowls of food

This is a review of the Solar Box level (third tier). I was really excited when I heard about this box because I'm a huge fan of Lil BUB and just cats in general. I've purchased merch from her online shop before and love the variety there, so I was really interested to see what would be included in the subscription.

The theme for the third quarter is Travel BUB. The Solar Box had 10 items and I decided to cancel after this box because I felt like I kept getting the same items each quarter. At the end of the day, I can only use so many BUB postcards or stickers (especially for $55 a quarter). While I do think the box is a fun idea and I love that they use the proceeds to donate to animals in need, I wish there was more of a variety of items sent out. Maybe this is something they'll consider as the box grows, since it is only it in its first year.

  • BUB Shield Socks by Sock-It-To-Me: This is the second pair of socks I've gotten from this box and they're really cute. They're a soft cotton crew with a BUB shield design and multicolored stars.
  • Lil BUB Travel Mirror by Busy Beaver Button Co: I thought that this was another button at first, but the other side is a mirror. It's a pretty functional item and a good size for travel.
  • BUB Car Decal by My Sticker Face: This bumper sticker is a pretty simple statement for BUB supporters to sport on their cars (or elsewhere).
  •  Exclusive Postage Stamp Vinyl Kiss-Cut Sticker Pack by My Sticker Face: These stickers feature BUB as different landmarks and they're really well done.
  • Yogurt Palace Motel Key Tag by Sanzo Specialties: If you know BUB, you know she loves yogurt. This cute keychain has her face on it and is shaped like an old-style motel keyring.
  • Pilot BUB Floaty Pen by Eskesen Pens: I love this pen! The design is so cute, and it features a pilot BUB floating back and forth across the tube (see close-up photos below).
  • BUB Paw Print Stamp by Stamp Yo Face: This is a cute little paw print stamp that you can use to decorate your letters, journal, or whatever else you fancy.

The front of the pen has the BUB pilot floaty and the back has a few other BUB icons.


  • Set of 6 Unique BUB Post Cards by JakPrints: These postcards have the same designs as the sticker set previously mentioned. They're printed on a thick cardstock and are great quality.
  • Custom Travel BUB Stationery Set by Vistaprint: This set has six letter pages with corresponding envelopes and stickers. The design is BUB holding a camera.
  •  8"x8" Lustre Photo Print by Artsy Couture: Each Solar Box also comes with a glossy print of BUB. This quarter's box has her sitting pretty in a suitcase.
You'll also receive a gift code to the BUB store with Earth, Solar, and Galatic box subscriptions. I received a $10 code with the Solar subscription.
Bottom Line: I think the BUB Club subscription box is a great idea, but I cancelled because I wasn't seeing enough variety. There were a lot of stickers and small items, and I was hoping for one or two bigger items, like a t-shirt. I'm curious to see this sub grow, though, and what they'll include in future boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.