Thursday, November 12, 2020

Winter 2020 Walmart Beauty Box Review

The Walmart Beauty Box is a quarterly box from Walmart that features beauty samples of products that are all available at their stores and website. The Winter box featured samples to help transition to the colder months.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!

The Walmart Beauty Box is advertised as a free box but it costs $5 to ship to U.S. addresses, so in reality this box costs you $5 every three months. Still not a bad deal.

The box features deluxe samples from brands available at Walmart. I've noticed there are some repeats, but overall it's a fun box for a low price.

This quarter they included an insert with information about each of the products, which is a new feature. Previously there was no detailed description about what was inside, if I recall correctly.

The info card lists seven products; however, my box came with only five. I wonder if there was variation with the products, or if my box was missing products?

  • Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Lotion: I thought this was full-sized since it's 5.9 fl oz, but the full-sized version is 8.3 fl oz. Still, this is a pretty good sample size. Unfortunately it's not something I can use, since I don't have curly hair, as it's a lotion for curls that provides lightweight definition.
  • Biore Rose Quartz + Charcoal Cleanser: This is not listed on the info card, so maybe I received it as a replacement for something they ran out of. Either way, I've gotten this sample before and I do like this cleanser because it has salicylic acid. I like to keep these for when I travel (if we can ever travel safely again!).
  • LUMIFY Redness Reliever Eye Drops: At first I didn't care for these (I've sampled before), but they've grown on me. I don't get redness often, but the few times I do, these have done a good job of reducing eye redness in only a few seconds.
  • Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience: Gold Bond is a great lotion brand and I like having strong formulas like this one for winter. My hands get really dry and flaky, and this one has seven moisturizing ingredients to help replenish skin's moisture.
  • NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss: This is a buttery, silky-smooth gloss that provides sheer to medium coverage. I received the Red Wine Truffle shade.

The products on the info card that were not in my box were the COLAB Unicorn Dry Shampoo, found Assorted Sheet Masks, and Dickinson's Alcohol-Free Gentle Balancing Toner.

Bottom Line: The Walmart Beauty Box is an inexpensive way to receive beauty samples each quarter. The brands are not prestige, but for only $5, I think it's a nice way to treat yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.