Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 2021 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

My second Ipsy Glam Bag was another good one. I got to choose one of my samples and the other four are well-suited to my likes and beauty needs.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.

Ipsy has three subscription levels and this is a review for their lowest-priced service, the Glam Bag, which is $12 per month with free shipping. You'll get five deluxe samples valued at $50+ in a reusable zippered pouch.


The January theme was "Dream It." The pouch this month was translucent with "Dream It" written across it in a repeating pattern. I liked the material; this will be good once we can travel again because if anything breaks or spills it will stay contained.

Here's what I received this month:

  • Item Beauty Air Hug Concealer in Light Warm: This was an early release item that Ipsy subscribers got to try before the general public. I wanted to purchase a full sized version because I liked it so well, only to see that it hadn't been released yet. It's TikTok-er Addison Rae's beauty brand (I don't know who she is -- I'm old). Most importantly, the concealer has a smooth formula and a larger applicator, making it easier to apply over my blemishes.
  • Kosette Salt Scalp Scrub: I chose this item this month because I've been looking for a good salt scrub for my dandruff-prone scalp. I liked that this one has charcoal, gray sea salt, and tea tree oil (which is especially good for fighting dandruff). It has a small tip applicator, which is great for precision, but the hole was too small to dispense enough product so I cut a larger opening in it with scissors to get a better flow when using. I've only used it once so far, but it seems to work well with my scalp.

  • Belle En Argent 8-Free Nail Polish in Bore Someone Else: This is a gorgeous, deep burgundy shade with rich pigment. The brush is a wider tip than most nail polishes and made from vegan bristles.
  • Ciate London Glow to Illuminating Blush in Matchmaker: This blush is a really pretty light pink shimmer shade. The formula is advertised as lasting up to 12 hours. I wish there was a bit more color payoff. Even as I applied more layers to build up the color it still didn't provide as much pigment as I prefer.
  • Firma Beauty 201 Flat Oval Blending Brush: I forgot to take a picture of this because it wasn't inside of the actual bag when I unpacked everything, but was instead packaged inside of the bubble container on its own. It's a flat oval brush with synthetic bristles and is good for cream and powder products. I use it for blending eyeshadow and it works well.

Bottom Line: I enjoyed this Glam Bag and am looking forward to continuing my subscription. I think it's a great value at $12 and so far I've gotten great samples that fit my beauty needs.

  • Visit Ipsy to subscribe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.