My August box had five samples (two are in the stupid pillow pack -- I hate those so much). There was a pretty good assortment of different types of products, and some were things I would never even consider trying, so it was nice having the chance to.
- ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer - Birchbox is now allowing members to choose a sample for their box, and I picked this bronzer (the choices this month were just so-so). Last month I was bummed because I didn't get the email alerting people that they could select their sample, so I emailed their customer service and they ensured me that I'd be on the list next time. Well, come sample selection time, I didn't get the email again. I emailed their CS and they gave me a direct link to the sample choice and confirmed that I definitely should have gotten the email, so hopefully for September's box I will get the email. Anyway, I like this bronzer a lot. I prefer bronzers with shimmer, and this one gives just enough color and compliments my skin tone really well.
- Supergoop! Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40 - I feel like I've gotten a lot of Supergoop! products from Birchbox lately and I'm not the biggest fan of them (I think they're boring). I do like hand creams, but this sample is so tiny that it doesn't even seem worth it. I mean, really Supergoop!, could you spare it? I think I like it, but I wish I had a bigger size to try.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow - This is a Birchbox exclusive sample and I really like it. I like using BB Creams, and this one gives me pretty decent coverage.
- Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume - I was really glad when Birchbox allowed users to select the option to only receive a few perfume samples a year, because normally I am not a fan of them. However, the ones I've gotten from them this year have all been really nice. This perfume only has one note, Cetalox, and I love the spicy scent. What I don't like is that it isn't long-lasting at all, and I definitely wouldn't pay $120 for a full-sized bottle.
- Cailyn Cosmetics Dizzolv'It Makeup Melt Cleansing Balm - This product is really interesting, it's an antioxidant cleanser that dissolves waterproof makeup, dirt, and oils. It has the consistency and texture of a body butter (kind of), but when you rub it on your skin it turns into an oil. It smells great and does remove makeup pretty well.
Bottom Line: I liked the Cailyn Cosmetics Dizzolv'It and the ModelCo Bronzer the most this month. I don't really need the Dizzolv'It, but it's such an interesting product and I enjoy using it!
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Post contains referral links.