*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.
I love the box design this month! Green is my favorite color. I think this may have come in a few different colors, but I could be making that up.
Birchbox costs $10 a month, $10.80 if you live in New York State like me. Each box contains four to five deluxe samples and (sometimes) full-sized products from high-end brands. You can fill out a beauty profile with your skin tone, hair color, etc., which Birchbox will use to cater samples to your needs and interests.
I mentioned before that my box came inside of a larger box, but I'm just realizing that it wasn't because all of the samples couldn't fit--I think it was because they almost forgot to send me my sample choice. I chose the amika spray and it was packed separately from my box, and it's not on my box's info card. I'm glad they realized the error and included it instead of sending me a box without it, though!
- Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishing Moisture Masque ($9.00 for 2 fl oz) - This is a really good sample size and I think it will last me for a while. I really like the Macadamia Natural Oil brand and I think this masque will be perfect for my hair. The label says it's for medium/coarse hair and that it reconstructs, repairs, and revitalizes your hair.
- amika Bombshell Blowout Spray ($3.00 for 1 fl oz) - I chose this as my sample choice this month because I love the amika dry shampoo and wanted to try another product by them. This protects, nourishes, smooths, and volumizes hair for the perfect blowout.
- Elite Therapeutics Rosemary Eucalyptus Body Creme ($1.19 for .5 fl oz) - I really like this body creme and would probably purchase a full-sized version. It smells really nice and is silky smooth, plus it's made with 70% organic ingredients.
- Michael Todd Skin Defender AHA Creme Facial Cleanser ($5.51 for 1.7 fl oz) - I love Michael Todd True Organics so I was very excited to receive this. It's another pretty large sample size, at least for Birchbox. It's a whipped cleanser that gently exfoliates with AHAs for fresh skin. I used it once and loved it, so this is another product I'd purchase a full-sized version of.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Long-Wear Lip Lacquer ($6.00 for ~.05 fl oz) - I'm guessing on the size of this and also am using the $24 retail price on the Smashbox website (Birchbox has the value listed at $20). I received the shade Coral, which is perfect for me, but unfortunately Smashbox is not a brand I purchase.
- Roloxin Lift Revitalizing Facial Masque Treatment ($22 for two .12 oz packets) - A 10 pack of these costs $110! That is absolutely ridiculous to me. I tried one out of curiosity and did not care for it at all. It smelled like mayonnaise, looked like mayonnaise, and was really difficult to remove. I had to use a washcloth to really scrub off all of the residue. I don't care how many miracles this works, it's way too expensive and way too difficult to take off.
Bottom Line: My box had an approximate retail value of $46.70, which is excellent considering the box cost me a little over $10. I loved almost all of the samples I received and was happy that a lot of them were pretty large in size.
Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What did you get this month?