*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Each Joyful Jordan box will contain at least $15 retail value of Jordan Essentials Products to pamper yourself with, along with extra samples. Boxes may also contain coupons, jewelry, and more!
The boxes cost $15 per month for all subscription lengths. You can purchase three, six, and twelve month options, but you will still be paying $15 per box. For example: if you sign up for a three month subscription, you'll be charged $45 every three months. The only difference between getting a monthly box and a prepaid three, six, or twelve month box is that the latter three expire after your period is up. The monthly boxes renew each month until you cancel.
The box is medium-sized and packaged very nicely. The inside top cover had a sticker with information about the box and what was inside.
There were three full-sized products and two samples in October's box. I was really excited to try all of them because, as I said, I love trying new skincare products! I was really happy to see a hand cream because my hands have been so dry and itchy lately and I can never have enough hand creams.
- Cranberry Lip Tube ($4.00) - This smells so good! It's made with beeswax so it isn't vegan, but it does contain only natural ingredients. It feels smooth on my lips and moisturizes them really well. I always prefer natural lip balms to mass-market ones because they work so much better.
- Time Rewind Eye Gel - A full-sized bottle of this costs $40 for 1.25 oz. The sample contains enough for quite a few uses, since a little eye cream goes a long way. It has a silky texture and feels cooling and moisturizing on my skin.
- Oatmeal Milk & Honey Lotion Bar - A full-sized bar costs $9. I really like using lotion bars in the fall and winter because they are a concentrated moisturizer that feels great on my skin. I used this on my hands and the small size was kind of hard to work with, but I think a full-sized version would be wonderful.
- Oatmeal Milk & Honey Shea Butter ($8.00) - This is a "thick and rich" body lotion that is so perfect for dry, chapped skin! It's super creamy and it absorbs into my skin quickly. It is also SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) and paraben-free.
- Joyful Pure Glycerin Soap ($6.00) - I couldn't find this exact soap on the website, but it looks like all of their bar soaps retail for the same price. To be honest, glycerin-based soaps are not my favorite but I will still definitely use this. It has a nice, light scent. I haven't started using it, but once the bar in my kitchen is gone I'm going to replace it with this one.
Bottom Line: The October Joyful Jordan box contained $18 worth of products, not including the two samples. The box also contains an inspirational card that lists 15 ways to experience more joy in your life. While the $18 retail value may be too close to the $15 price of the box for some, I don't mind it because I think the fact that all of the products are non-toxic is worth it. I really enjoyed this box and I can't wait to see what they include in future ones!
What do you think of Joyful Jordan?