Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Birchbox Review

Birchbox teamed up with Rifle Paper Co. last April to create some really beautiful box designs, and they did it again this year! I love these boxes.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


I actually ended up receiving the same design that I had picked out when I made a Build Your Own Birchbox last month (read that review here). They had three total designs in the store.


My box was pretty good this month. I didn't love all of the samples, but it there was a decent variety and I'll use most of the items.

  • Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask - Since I heat style and now have highlights in my hair I like to use a deep condition mask once a week. I ended up swapping this one, though, because I already have a ton of masks and mask samples to use up.
  • Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer -  I really liked this moisturizer and I wish it came in something other than a foil packet. It was really smooth and felt lightweight on my skin. A full-sized bottle is $46 for about four ounces, so I unfortunately (probably) won't end up buying any more of this.
  • Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser - This is a nice little cleanser. I started using it but then stopped because the size is perfect for travel, and I want to save it for when I go back to NYC in June.
  • amika Silken Up Dry Conditioner - I use amika's dry shampoo and I really like it, but I had never heard of dry conditioner before. It's exactly what it sounds like: a dry spray that you apply to your strands to condition them on days you don't wash with regular shampoo and conditioner. I tried it and didn't really notice much of a difference in my hair, so I wouldn't buy a full-sized bottle of this.
  • RMS Beauty The Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes - I like RMS Beauty as a whole, but I hated these wipes. I use makeup wipes daily to remove my makeup after work but before I want to do my full nightly skincare routine, and I want them to leave my skin feeling fresh and clean. These are made with coconut oil, and while I know it's good for your skin, it left me feeling even oilier than when I had started. These are probably better for someone with very dry skin.
  • Au Naturale Cosmetics Trio - I chose this as my sample choice because I like the Au Naturale brand. The sample is very tiny and honestly kind of useless, but it has a lipstick, eyeshadow, and blush in it. The packaging is cute and easy to take with you, so I'll probably throw this in my gym bag for very basic touch ups.
Bottom Line: Nothing in this box really stood out to me as something I loved, but I enjoyed the Malin+Goetz products and the amika conditioner. Hopefully next month will be a little bit more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.