*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Beauty Box 5 sends deluxe samples and full-sized items each month for only $12. Shipping is free to U.S. addresses and $3 to Canada. Like the name suggests, each box will have five products ranging from color cosmetics to skincare, and more!
This month's box had all full-sized items! I think that's the first time I've gotten one like that in the two or so years I've been receiving their boxes. They always send a good amount of full-sized items, but it was really nice to have all five of them be so this month.
- Skinny Tan Mini Mitt ($4,95) - This is a "mitt-lette" for applying streak-free self-tanner without staining your fingers. I don't use self-tanners so I will probably pass this off to a friend who does, but it's unique and a great idea,
- Hikari Cosmetics Eye Shadow ($13) - I received the shade "Moonlit," which is perfect for me (more photos and swatches below). It's a dark brown shimmer that will go great with my everyday neutral eye look.
- Sweep Rose Gold Tweezers and Mirror ($14) - These tweezers are really pretty; I love rose gold. I just used them tonight and they grabbed every little hair from my eyebrows that I wanted to remove. I hate when you get tweezers and they aren't sharp enough or strong enough to get those hard-to-pluck hairs, but these were perfect! The little mirror is really cute, too (at least, I think it's a mirror--the other side is reflective).
- Beauty Box 5 Round Blending Brush ($10) - This is a really nice brush with soft bristles. I have another BB5 blending brush from a previous box, but this one is fluffier and will provide a softer blend than the other one.
- Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Color Pencil ($18) - I like Chella's products a lot and this eyebrow pencil is perfect for me. It's a dark-ish brown, but it blends perfectly with my dark brown/black eyebrows. I like that the tip is super fine, too, which makes it easy to fill in my brows without looking too heavy.
|Hikari Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Moonlit|
|Swatches of the Hikari Eye Shadow (left) and Chella brow pencil (right)|
Bottom Line: July's box had a total retail value of $59.95! That's such a great deal for a box that only costs $12, especially since all of the products were full-sized. I'll use the tweezers and the Chella pencil the most, and I really like the Hikari Cosmetics eyeshadow.